Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Primera Liga - 2008/2009 [Jornada 1]

La Liga is back! ...and with a new sponsor, too. The "BBVA Liga" as it is now known, is entering it's 78th season with Real Madrid looking to add to their record 31 Ligas. The opening fixture couldn't be any tougher from a Historical viewpoint however - Madrid have not won at the Riazor for nearly 20 years. It's an unwelcome trend that we need to break as soon as possible if we want to get off to a good start.

VdV is suspended for his straight red card in the SuperCopa, but Van Gol is available as he was sent off for two bookable offences (he'll miss the first-leg of the SuperCopa next year). Drenthe, Marcelo and Gago are available for selection after their Olympic exertions and two of them are likely to start.

Casillas

S.Ramos - Pepe - Heinze - Marcelo

Diarra - Gago

Guti - Raúl - Robben

Van Gol​

La Liga| Sunday, 31 August 08| 21:00 CET| Riazor

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
If Robinho's still with us, he won't start. If you watched the celebrations yesterday, you could see that Schuster's really in love with Robben. He will definitely start.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Are we 100% sure that VDV is suspended?

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
great to see that some serious football is here

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Didn't Pepe get a straight red last super cup? He didn't miss the opener.
Nope, Pepe got two yellows and not a direct red. That's why I wasn't sure if the rule applied to VDV.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
well , Riazor again ..
lets hope !

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
According to madridista.dk, ruud van Nistelrooy will not be able to play against Deportivo, even though he got two yellow cards. They have decided to give him a one-game ban they reported today. Can u confirm?

·
Registered
494 Posts
According to madridista.dk, ruud van Nistelrooy will not be able to play against Deportivo, even though he got two yellow cards. They have decided to give him a one-game ban they reported today. Can u confirm?
Yep both are suspended for 1 game by the Spanish FA. So Higuain will probably get the nod before Saviola :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
And who in hell will replace him :rollani:

I want this little **** to leave dont get me wrong but we need a proper replacement

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
And who in hell will replace him :rollani:

I want this little **** to leave dont get me wrong but we need a proper replacement
see my post in the transfer thread :D

1 - 20 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.