Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1







Real Madrid CF
FC Barcelona



Opening this thread three weeks early, but there isn't really an explanation needed. This is without doubt the biggest club game in the World, with much pride at stake. If Barcelona lose to Betis, Madrid can close the gap to five points with a win in El Clasico and pile on the pressure for the championship race. In any case, we need to win this match to regain some of the pride we have lost over the course of the season. We need to show the World that whilst Barcelona have clearly been the better team this season, we are still more than capable of matching them. Nothing will heal our wounds better than a comprehensive victory over our arch rivals.

HALA MADRID!!!!!!!!



REAL MADRID XI (probable):

-------------Casillas--------------
Bravo-Helguera-Samuel-Carlos---
---Beckham-Gravesen-Zidane------
--------------Figo----------------
-----Raul------------Ronaldo-----



STATISTICS:

Real Madrid Home Record:

P15 W12 D0 L3

% Points: 80.0%
% Goals scored: 64.6%
% Goals conceded: 36%

FC Barcelona Away Record:

P14 W9 D3 L2

% Points: 71%
% Goals scored: 44.4 %
% Goals conceded: 66.7 %



CURRENT FORM:

Real Madrid CF: LWDLW*
FC Barcelona: DDWWW*

*Updated after Albacete Balompié vs Real Madrid CF
*Updated after FC Barcelona vs Real Betis Balompié



PREVIOUS MEETING:

20/11/2004: FC Barcelona 3-0 Real Madrid CF (Eto'o 29, van Bronckhorst 43, Ronaldinho pen 77.)



TIME AND VENUE:

La Liga| Sunday, 10th April 2005| 19:00 CET| Estadio Santiago Bernabéu.






TV:

Al Jazeera Sport.
Canal+ Sport 2 (Poland)
Canal+ Sport (Poland) (Delay 21:30)
NTV Turkey
Real Madrid TV
Taquilla 1
7TV - Russia
Sport 1 Hungary
TV Sport RO
TV4 Plus (Sweden)
Diema 2
Kanal 5(Denmark)
Supersport 2
S.Sport 2 Hellas
Sky Sports 1
TV2 Xtra
 

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
20,440 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
Atleast start the Albacete match thread first mate ;)
thats comming too, no worries. :) Just since the classico is becomming a cool topic to talk about we started it one week earlier.

Great intro, Feno! :thmbup: :kiss:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
Yes, I've been waiting for this thread. No need for a big preview, I'm sure it will be deluged come match day. Let's just say this match is almost irrelevant. I can't see RM coming back from the precipice. You'd do well to hold on to 2nd spot imo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,528 Posts
This should have been match of the season if only we didn't mess up against Getafe and Bilbao..

Anyways, its still a classico and not only that, Barcelona and Real Madrid are finally both leading the spanish league after years of Valenica and Depor dominating.

I really hope if we don't win the league, atleast win this match convincingly with a good score.

HALA MADRID :star:
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
3ksnd said:
I fear a beating :scared:
I wouldn't if I were you.

If the point gap stays the same, Madrid will play this game as if it was their season. A win and they will save some face.

Madrid will come to play and should play their best game of the year. I still think FCB will win :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62,100 Posts
Dies Irae said:
Yes, I've been waiting for this thread. No need for a big preview, I'm sure it will be deluged come match day. Let's just say this match is almost irrelevant. I can't see RM coming back from the precipice. You'd do well to hold on to 2nd spot imo.
I'm not sure where you're from, but even if the two teams are 1st and 20th, a Real Madrid - Barcelona clasico is _NEVER_ irrelevant.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,575 Posts
OT: This has been one dissapointing season, I hope to see a better fight next season between Valencia, Real and Barcelona.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Liternit said:
OT: This has been one dissapointing season, I hope to see a better fight next season between Valencia, Real and Barcelona.
That's a good point.

Not taking anything away from Barcelona's brilliant season, but I am still disappointed Madrid and Valencia have not had their best of seasons and the fact they haven't pushed Barcelona all the way. I hope next season we see a fierce battle for the championship.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
I'm not sure where you're from, but even if the two teams are 1st and 20th, a Real Madrid - Barcelona clasico is _NEVER_ irrelevant.
:thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
Next year Barcelona will be more gelled together and it will all go even smoother than this year :cool:
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
That's a good point.

Not taking anything away from Barcelona's brilliant season, but I am still disappointed Madrid and Valencia have not had their best of seasons and the fact they haven't pushed Barcelona all the way. I hope next season we see a fierce battle for the championship.
Partially true. It's true that Real Madrid and Valencia are underperforming, but also Barça is breaking records this year. It's a mix of both things.
 

·
Boti Boti Boti
Joined
·
10,303 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
That's a good point.

Not taking anything away from Barcelona's brilliant season, but I am still disappointed Madrid and Valencia have not had their best of seasons and the fact they haven't pushed Barcelona all the way. I hope next season we see a fierce battle for the championship.

Barça have lost only 3 matches out of 29 so far, and only drawn 5.

Seriously, who gives a shit about what RM or Valencia did or didn't do. La Liga is being TAKEN this year, not given away by the rivals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
zyad said:
Barça have lost only 3 matches out of 29 so far, and only drawn 5.

Seriously, who gives a shit about what RM or Valencia did or didn't do. La Liga is being TAKEN this year, not given away by the rivals.
hey even if u guys win the league,, which u will... this match is for honor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
i have a feeling that you'll take this and win the league :( :'(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Koeman4 said:
Partially true. It's true that Real Madrid and Valencia are underperforming, but also Barça is breaking records this year. It's a mix of both things.

zyad said:
Barça have lost only 3 matches out of 29 so far, and only drawn 5.

Seriously, who gives a shit about what RM or Valencia did or didn't do. La Liga is being TAKEN this year, not given away by the rivals.
I said I wasn't taking anything away from Barcelona's brilliant season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,327 Posts
I think this will be a 2-2 draw.
 
1 - 20 of 367 Posts
Top