Xtratime Community banner

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
inbred amoeba
3,660 Posts
Since the time of my last post here, Levski have got two big (for local standards) sponsors - the telecom Vivacom and the Austrian construction holding Strabag (they also are the main sponsors of Rapid Wien). And, magically, Levski started winning their points and are leading the Bulgarian A RFG after their away win vs. Litex yesterday.

I should have taken a bet on them being shampooings this year :loser:

·
inbred amoeba
3,660 Posts
Delio Rossi is the new manager of Levski Sofia with a two-year contract. The project of the new owner Spas Rusev takes ambitious shapes as earlier the Blues from Sofia signed ex-Barcelona MF Jordi Gomez and ex-Manchester Utd winger Gabriel Obertan.

·
inbred amoeba
3,660 Posts
Delio Rossi and Spas Rusev being long gone, the next owner being retained and awaiting extradition in the UAE, Levski Sofia future seems to be in ultimate shambles right now.

I know only a few of fellow-XTers (mainly EE) would truly understand what really is happening in Bulgarian football, but redistribution of public wealth is going full force here, including in soccer (as a part of sports in general).

What a shame a grown-up in their sound mind still cares about following this mess. Or, am I in my sound mind [insert facepalming niqqa here].

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Delio Rossi and Spas Rusev being long gone, the next owner being retained and awaiting extradition in the UAE, Levski Sofia future seems to be in ultimate shambles right now.

I know only a few of fellow-XTers (mainly EE) would truly understand what really is happening in Bulgarian football, but redistribution of public wealth is going full force here, including in soccer (as a part of sports in general).

What a shame a grown-up in their sound mind still cares about following this mess. Or, am I in my sound mind [insert facepalming niqqa here].
We hear you man, but things can turn around, not likely, but it could theoretically happen.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
I fear I am as old as you are. :whistle:

Yeah I did. Always nice to see some neighbourly love. (y) How was it received in Bulgoland?

And Levski can get out of this, at least for a short period of time. CZ did and I'm enjoying it, cause it won't last forever.

·
inbred amoeba
3,660 Posts
The clip from the changing room with Nole and the others singing some BG chalga and congratulating the Bulgo bros was the main theme in sports (and not only) media for 3+ days :)

I am not a Levski fan but they are a name, and I know they will somehow survive. The problem is - forget about predictability and long-term development of a Bulgarian clubs as long as they are heavily relying on day-fly oligarchs money.

·
inbred amoeba
3,660 Posts
The majority owner of Levski Sofia now is PM Boyko Metodiev Borisov :D

If there is someone who considers taking over one of the iconic Balkan clubs send me a PM and I will see what I can do.

261 - 270 of 270 Posts