Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Amunt Levante

Levante fans generally don't like Valencia even though the stadiums are like 2 miles apart.
But it would be so nice to have Levante back up in the Primera.
I think it's been over 35 years.
Amunt Levante!!!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
As Amunti says, Levante fans do not like Valencia. I hope to see them soon in Primera, so we can have a good derby in the Pais Valencià. The Villarreal-Valencia is not a classic... it is not the same.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Levante-Barcelona

Levante also plays Barcelona in the Copa Del Rey soon.
Now, if only Hercules could make it up to the Primera ... that would be fun.

·
40,147 Posts
Re: Levante-Barcelona

Amunti said:
Levante also plays Barcelona in the Copa Del Rey soon.
Now, if only Hercules could make it up to the Primera ... that would be fun.
Or Alicante...:D

Yes, it is too bad that the historical teams of Alicante (Hercules and Elche, with their history and stadiums) are in Segunda A or B, especially Hercules. I am alicantinista tough, I've never liked Hercules though.

But I recall to see the last Hercules-Valencia in the Rico Perez stadium, Valencia won 0-2, the stadium was full of people and we got 3000 fans from Valencia (or at least, Valencia supporters), Farinos scored the 2 goals... the worst as always the violence. But it was a good match, great rivalry. But Hercules is so far away of his glory days in the 70s and early 80s... :(

·
Registered
765 Posts
Violence

Was it Castellon fans that threw a battery at the referee in the Copa Del Rey match earlier this year?
Seems Valencia is not well liked in the province.

·
40,147 Posts
Re: Violence

Amunti said:
Was it Castellon fans that threw a battery at the referee in the Copa Del Rey match earlier this year?
Seems Valencia is not well liked in the province.
Yes.

At least, in Alicante, there are a lot of antivalencianistas. Hercules has a peña called "Peña Herculana Kalsruhe 7-0". Personally, I have more sympathies for Levante, but I don't care much about Valencia. I can tell you that Canal 9 (Valencian public TV) is not helping Valencia too much. People here feel underconsiderated, I've heard the Canal 9 journalist screaming a Valencia goal against Hercules in a Copa de la Generalitat... it was a shame). Canal 9 is Valencia and the rest do not exist, not only in football, also in other things. They should take care about it. I am not so simple to be antivalencianista, just for provincial rivalries. I love Valencia is a nice city... almost like Alicante.:D I think that Valencia should try to keep their image here, because Valencia is seen as the ones that steal the money from the turism, because of the Copa America, the airport, etc.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I never knew ...

I never knew the capital city was seen that way in the rest of the province. So what was it like when Valencia went to the 2 Champions League Finals?
How about when they play against Real Madrid?
I've never really travelled too far away from the capital ... to Sagunto and Canet and places like this. So I've never seen antivalencianismo ... well, for the few Levante games I went to. But generally everyone seems to like the team as it represents the city. But you say it really only represents the city and not the province?
Canal 9 is pretty bad though ... it's like the channels here that blindly follow teams. There's no real commentary or criticism, just boisterous outright rooting of the team. That's almost like the Marca's outright love of Real Madrid. Not journalism.

·
40,147 Posts
Re: I never knew ...

Amunti said:
I never knew the capital city was seen that way in the rest of the province. So what was it like when Valencia went to the 2 Champions League Finals?
How about when they play against Real Madrcapital D
I've never really travelled too far away from the capital ... to Sagunto and Canet and places like this. So I've never seen antivalencianismo ... well, for the few Levante games I went to. But generally everyone seems to like the team as it represents the city. But you say it really only represents the city and not the province?
Canal 9 is pretty bad though ... it's like the channels here that blindly follow teams. There's no real commentary or criticism, just boisterous outright rooting of the team. That's almost like the Marca's outright love of Real Madrid. Not journalism.
The Pais Valencià has 3 provinces, Alacant, Castelló and València. In the province of Valencia most of the people is valencianista, but in Castello and Alacant, people is not valencianista. In Alicante, Hercules and Elche have been for more than 20 years in Primera Division, they are big cities and people there is very proud of their teams. The same happens in Castelló and now they also have Villarreal.

Yes, the problem of canal 9 is a big problem of all the regional TVs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts