Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be very easy now to just demand VG's head, and demand that all our Dutch players leave.
Now, unpopular as this might be, i thought that Pep had an awfull game tonight.
But basically the whole team did.
We shouldn't now lose control and lose half our squad which has given us so much success, because we will then go through a massive slump.
We should look at what Rangers did 2 seasons ago, after a disaterous season with no silverware. They basically changed direction, went for a tough disciplined manager and gave him the trust to make a team.
I definitely think that VG should now leave. Ok, thanks for the 2 Ligas, but we really need to go in another direction.
But players we should keep are : Kluivert, Cocu, Zenden, de Boers, REIZIGER.
There are only actually 2 bad dutch players in our team i think, perhaps even none. The real bad dutchman is VG. :(
I still believe our personell are the best in europe, so not so mant changes here are needed.
Rivaldo can go in my opinion, $50 million is a rip-off for Lazio.
I'm finally convinced on 4-4-2 for the majority of our games.

----------------?-----------------

Thuram?--REIZIGER---de Boer---SERGI

--------------GUARDIOLA------------
L. ENRIQUE---------------------Cocu
----------------FIGO---------------

---------Dani?------KLUIVERT------

The players in caps are key in my opinion.
Perhaps we need a better striker than Dani who really hasn't impressed me this season.
How about Saviola?
Or Tristan?
And we can give the youngsters like Babangida, Nano, Gabri, Xavi, Puyol?,Mario, Simao a few chances to prove themselves again.
This system excludes natural wingers like Zenden or Simao, but they could play in Enrique or Cocu's places, with the wingbacks covering more ground as they go forward.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, i'd like to see Contra playing right-back for us next season instead of Thuram i think.
1) he will be cheaper
2) he is younger and has shown to be great in la Liga.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I agree with you about the dutch players you mentioned, they have to stay, only to leave is VG , Bogarde , Hesp and the Finish man Litmanen.
Guardiola , L. Enrique are very important to be with the squad next season.
There are many sharp strikers playing for lowly teams in La Liga and scored goals against us , I wonder we don't have any of them.

T

·
0 Posts
The man to buy is Gaizka Mendieta. Not only because he´s so damn good, but because he´s just the kind of player we need. A hard-workin´ midfielder and a great passer, also with goal-scoring ability.

D

·
0 Posts
Mendieta will have a huge pricetag, of course because he's been so good this season.
VG won't leave, he's won many prizes with Barcelona already. And with fergusson it also had took time to win the CL with Man Utd, eventually the European Cup will also come to Barcelona. And VG is optimistic, saying Barca can still win the league, should they not, this would have to be VG's worst season yet as coach with Barca, a team that at the half-way stage of the season stood such a great chance of winning the Treble, could finish trophyless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts