Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though with a bit of luck tomorrow we may come as close as a single point to the team that this season added 7 top class players (Milito, Eto'o, Pandev, T. Motta, Lucio, Sneider and Mariga) + Arnautovic to an already formidable squad, we are all well aware that unfortunately in the long run the spread that separates us from the club that has totalled a loss of 850 mln Euro over 5 years will more likely than not reach double digits.
Neither us or Roma have the kind of depth it takes to come even close as some may go as far as labelling: beyond mission impossible.
Let's not fool ourself.

Other than that, let's just hope that Nesta, Pato, Bonera and Pato's injuries will not prevent us from grabbing no worse than 3rd spot.

Despite all:
Forza Milan :heart:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Though with a bit of luck tomorrow we may come as close as a single point to the team that this season added 7 top class players (Milito, Eto'o, Pandev, T. Motta, Lucio, Sneider and Mariga) + Arnautovic to an already formidable squad, we are all well aware that unfortunately in the long run the spread that separates us from the club that has totalled a loss of 850 mln Euro over 5 years will more likely than not reach double digits.
Neither us or Roma have the kind of depth it takes to come even close as some may go as far as labelling: beyond mission impossible.
Let's not fool ourself.

Other than that, let's just hope that Nesta, Pato, Bonera and Pato's injuries will not prevent us from grabbing no worse than 3rd spot.

Despite all:
Of course we dont fool ourselves... Berlusconi designed a team that will at max aim for top4 spots in the league and thats what we might achieve. He did his best to turn the team that dominated Europe a couple of years ago into a team that cant challenge for the scudetto even if the title holder is struggling and he will succeed.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course we dont fool ourselves... Berlusconi designed a team that will at max aim for top4 spots in the league and thats what we might achieve. He did his best to turn the team that dominated Europe a couple of years ago into a team that cant challenge for the scudetto even if the title holder is struggling and he will succeed.
Exactly so Manuel :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What happened to 'believing costs nothing'? ;)
That there's no more nothingness than nothing!!!

Anyway, more to the point: of the 3 clubs that in theory have a chance of winning the title, Roma has the easiest schedule.

Obviously realism and logics suggest Inter.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Similar to the EPL. Inter being United, Roma being Arsenal.

Great run-ins this season. In all of the top 3.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
...anyway, in the eventual case that the impossiblel might indeed happen :eek: in other words: Roma or Milan going beyond mission impossible: the deadly combo produced during the last few seasons by our cousins: Mancini, Mourinho, arrogamce, heavy spending, self procalaimd con like honesty, 53 games in a row without a PK conceded, entering the pitch in the 2nd half 5 minutes after opponents, threatening players in the locker room, insults to rival trainers and managers, going nuts for a mistaken foul in midfield, white tuxedo's and so on. have produced an amount of hatred towards them in only 3 years that even Juve was not that hated.

If any of you speak even a little italian, you just need to browse through the forums of almost any Serie A clubs with few exceptions (Lazio comes to mind), you can easily read the amount of hatred they've gathered.

The miracle won't happen though, unfortunately may I add.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Similar to the EPL. Inter being United, Roma being Arsenal.

Great run-ins this season. In all of the top 3.
I'd say more like Lyon in France bar last season and historically Bayern in Germany. Serie A currently is at it lowest since it's conception. In theory Inter has no rivals. It's never happened in the history of Serie A.

Looks like it will go this way for some time unless unpredictable change of policies don't occur
We shall see

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Before Nesta got injured I though we have a great chance to win it this year, now we have just a small chance.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I'd say more like Lyon in France bar last season and historically Bayern in Germany. Serie A currently is at it lowest since it's conception. In theory Inter has no rivals. It's never happened in the history of Serie A.

Looks like it will go this way for some time unless unpredictable change of policies don't occur
We shall see
What change of policies would that be? What policies?

Nice to see you around btw.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What change of policies would that be? What policies?

Nice to see you around btw.
....banging some money on the transfer market after almost a decade for example.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Nice thread. Have just two things to say:

1. I still believe we'll end at least 10 points after Inter.

2. Inter anno 2010 is the dirtiest team with the dirtiest coach I can remember in Italian football. But guess it's just in their DNA.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Agreed..

Despite the anger and frustration of this Champions League exit, I think the team has already done more than we ever expected pre-season...

Gotta be honest, I believed 4th spot is going to be the very max..Probably the current Juventus, Fiorentina were less than the threat they were in previous years, but no, we had very good runs of results and performances, and I think this team should be praised..

On the other hand, with what we've seen, Pato's return, Ronaldinho's magic and Nesta's return (will be a long shot), might give us some hope on keeping the battle alive, hard, but could happen, and to not keep it in your mind each week from now on is something you cannot do!!

Inter games:
Palermo - Away
Livorno - Home
Roma - Away
Bologna - Home
Fiorentina - Away
Juventus - Home

Atalanta - Home
Lazio - Away
Chievo - Home
Siena - Away

Ours:

Napoli - Home
Parma - Away
Lazio - Home
Cagliari - Away
Catania - Home
Sampdoria - Away
Palermo - Away
Fiorentina - Home
Genoa - Away
Juventus - Home

We have Fiorentina, Juventus, Napoli and Lazio at home. Palermo, Sampdoria and Cagliari away..

They have Roma, Palermo, Fiorentina, Lazio all away and all could be tightly fit in their schedule if they qualified to next round of CL.. Add to that they get to play Juventus at home earlier than we do..

Our path is easier especially sooner than later in the league run, so you really never know..For once perhaps we should wish they qualify in CL, they're not gonna win it anyway ;)

Lets not fool ourselves, but its not easy for them as they thought it will be..

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...anyway, the "Milan, Milan, Milan" chanted by our 4.000 supporters 2 minutes from time at the Old Trafford, might have transmitted a slight boost to the squad. As we all know this evening we'll be facing a rested Chievo and our lineup is heavily handicapped.
Should we somehow manage to edge Chievo, the gap that separates us from 4th spot will increase to 12 points.

Off to San Siro and:

P.S. Tyge, Italian footie has declined from Seven Sisters to The Ugly Whore :smileani:

P.P.S. Iz: I could never root against Carletto :smileani:

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
....banging some money on the transfer market after almost a decade for example.
I thought you meant something of a change of policy in Serie as a whole.

While I agree that for now we should be pleased of securing a post in CL (By the way: is it certain that the it will be the top four again? Cannot Serie A lose a spot for next season?), and that losing to Manutd. was to be expected, it is impossible for me not to fool myself.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...well perhaps thanks to Clarence late goal we've a secured a CL spot for next season as early as March.
I'd go as far as suggesting that we've exceeded expectations by far.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
...well perhaps thanks to Clarence late goal we've a secured a CL spot for next season as early as March.
I'd go as far as suggesting that we've exceeded expectations by far.

indeed..... with nesta and pato unavailable, I predict we will stumble on some of the matches.
The biggest question for us is, will Berlu open up his wallet and get some class players to Milan when the season end?????

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
...anyway, the "Milan, Milan, Milan" chanted by our 4.000 supporters 2 minutes from time at the Old Trafford, might have transmitted a slight boost to the squad.
One of the best moments for me as a Milan fan Luciano, was being there, seeing the 4-0 from between these 4,000 fans up on the east stand of the high tiers of Old Trafford, and cheering louder than the beginning of the match after the 90th minute!! True passion I tell you..

This team might be going through a difficult period for few years, but whats great is always great!!

FORZA MILAN!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts