Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talent wise...u can throw in the platinis..the giresses..the papins..the cantonas..the zidanes...

but compared to david ginola ...they were '' not worth itz''

:howler:

but yeh..david ginola..most naturaly talented french player in the past 20 years

opinions?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your kidding surley

the man was one of the best wingers ive had the pleasure of watching...he was as 2 footed of a player as can be..terrific balance skill and flair...and yes his hair was fantastic..i mean zidane was like an uglier version of him that overachieved!

·
Registered
56,235 Posts
your kidding surley

the man was one of the best wingers ive had the pleasure of watching...he was as 2 footed of a player as can be..terrific balance skill and flair...and yes his hair was fantastic..i mean zidane was like an uglier version of him that overachieved!
i don't remember.
i just remember the match against bulgaria which costed us the non qualification for the WC un the USA.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh exactly..thats what people who dont know ginola know

to refresh your memory theres always youtube.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rouchteue was a good..different role..but nah ginola was better at running through defences..

didier six was the mainstay winger during that period..he was fast as hell but not that talented

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Let's just agree that they dont make wingers like they used to. I prefer guys like Rocheteau to the likes of Robinho and co. There's less real magic with them, nothing like seeing the likes of il genio Savicevic or Lentini completely doing a player in a wide position with technique that doesnt include useless stepovers.

·
Registered
56,235 Posts
pirri.
now i saw him on youtube. that is a sure thing. he was really good.
the bad stuff is that we just remember how we have been screwed in this qualif match for the wc 94 against bulgaria. more one minute to play, they just have to keep the ball cantona and him. for god sake!!

here he is, really good, a bulldozer...
[tub]SQTkcCGSzm8[/tub]

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
i don't remember.
i just remember the match against bulgaria which costed us the non qualification for the WC un the USA.
lol how did i kno that wud come up

u wudnt have won that anyway, so it was conserved energy in the end:)

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very true..david ginola not being picked for the 98 team..and diomede was!!!

an insult to football

·
Registered
56,235 Posts
look at this. a draw was enough. and we took a goal at the last minute!!!
i feel still angry when i see the that!!!

[tub]tpwNv29XbbQ[/tub]

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
everyone remmebers this...ok he messed up a cross..its not just his fault...in my opinion..it took around 30 seconds for that goal to occur after the cross

·
Registered
56,235 Posts
can you figure out which squad we had at this time?
blanc, desailly, petit, papin, cantona, ginola, deschamps etc...
and we didn't qualif.
what a waste!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts