Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I could put this in a market thread already, but I thought lets just talk about what Russians we should have :) Arshavin would be out of our range, but Pavluychenko, Torbinski and Zhirkov are massively impressive :)

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,200 Posts
It's nice to dream, but it won't happen:)
We've been linked with Zhirkov last year and in the winter, but thats about it how close we'll get.:groan:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zhirkov is another player I said about 2 or 3 years ago... I know he is playing LWB, but he could easily play left wing and if we sign a proper forward we could change our tactics quite well with him.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Knee-jerk thread.

Dellas looked like the new Baresi when Greece won the Euro. Wait.. why go far, Holland looked like Brazil 82 couple of days ago.

Not taking anything from the Russians, that was a great teamwork win but on individual level they need alot to prove before we start opening jerk off threads on them.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
No,Arshavin is really a great talent and when he moves to a big team he will turn into a big player i am sure , he is the best player in euro 2008 .

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GO12 is right in some ways of course, but there are some of these players that have looked good also in Europe. (Zenit won the UEFA Cup of course and CSKA a few years ago).

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
It's silly to buy players after Euros or World Cups, unless they have been good yet under the radar. The whole of Europe is talking about the Russians now, their clubs are rich, I don't think you have much chance of buying any of their real stars. If you manage to buy Zhirkov to replace Mancini, this can be a huge improvement, though.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I'd buy the "don't buy players based on tournaments" if it wasn't for the Russian league being maybe the strongest league in Europe after the big ones. They're not a group of mediocre players who play in Russia because no big clubs want them. They get shitloads of money for staying home, so why go? I'm pretty sure that the above-mentioned Russians could do well for most teams. Pavlyuchenko looks like a PERFECT player for Roma.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Pompey are supposedly on the Pavlyuchenko trail too.

Haven't been that impressed by Torbinski, tbh.

The good players on that team are Arshavin, Zhirkov, Anyukov, Zyrianov, Pavlyuchenko, Akinfeev and Bilyaletdinov, in that order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts