Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get it now. :D

Yes yes, slow on the uptake, you're right. I really was scratching my head as to why you guys were so hard on Capello, but after seeing the animosity that has developed among Juventini, I get it now. It really takes a special taste to like Capello, a kind of taste that many don't have.

And you guys were right.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Let me say one thing,Capello is all for himself.If he sees that he cannot get his own way,and cannot sign players as there is no money available,he jumps ship.No loyalty to his employers whatsoever,and the style of football he plays is so boring.We are so much more stylish under Spalletti,and we have also achieved victories where Capello could not.He never got us a win in the San Siro,Spal did just that in no time

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
More than anything Capello ruined our chances of scudetto 2 years ago. You can say whatever you like, but the team we had was very good and we were playing great, but his insistance on sticking to the 4-4-2 even in matches where it wasnt working was sickening.

I will say he is a great manager of his style and he always gives great discipline to his team, but after we won the scudetto I think his time at us was not the greatest.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
With the fact that we don't have any Juvefans in our forum located in Italy, I would like to ask Cacini (and any other member resident in Italy) what the Italian Juventini think of Capello and his coaching carrier in black and white?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
I told you so. ;)

About time you liot came to your senses and realise that capello is far from greatest manager around and i is so damn stubborn it's maddening for the fans too often.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,169 Posts
Don't you think Capello changed his way of thinking in the past years.I mean the style of play,formation? If look at the time when he was at real, milan didn't he play another system? Juve always played the same boring football and now they got a coach who likes playing boring (no brain-Defensive) football, ;)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Capello fur sure used the 3-4-1-2 with Roma when we won scudetto but since he hasnt stopped playing the 4-4-2 even when he knows its not the right choice.

I think he has lost it a bit though, I mean after the Roma game he actually said Juve played well which wasnt true and then after the Arsenal game he still didnt admit that he got it wrong and said Juve had plenty chances to shoot (which is irrelevant as in the end they had 0 shots so).

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I wonder if he doesn´t play the same first 11 players to often. Roma started great but lost the Scudetto at the end. You guys start of the league great but don´t seem to have enough energy come the end and in the CL. Like when you played your regulars against us, in a game that almost meant nothing to you, and seemed really tired against Arsenal, noone ran.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Predictable, boring, cynical football. The only place Capello would concern me right now is at Chelsea, with a billion euro bankroll at his disposal. Other than that, i see Juve's stranglehold on Serie A, and Cap's reputation as one of the best waning after this season.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
I have no doubts that Capello is bailing out of Torino and will coach the England NT after they have a poor World Cup.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
numerodix said:
I get it now. :D

Yes yes, slow on the uptake, you're right. I really was scratching my head as to why you guys were so hard on Capello, but after seeing the animosity that has developed among Juventini, I get it now. It really takes a special taste to like Capello, a kind of taste that many don't have.

And you guys were right.
...may I add, even though he ows his success tu us, I can't stand his guts :doh:
Never liked him as a person.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Primo said:
How can you trust a man with no loyalty? You can't.
Oh, it's not about loyalty, I knew that about him all along. He may leave us anytime he wants to, that's understood. What I didn't realize is just how stubborn and peculiar his coaching can be.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
numerodix said:
Oh, it's not about loyalty, I knew that about him all along. He may leave us anytime he wants to, that's understood. What I didn't realize is just how stubborn and peculiar his coaching can be.
Yes, his stubborn and arrogant nature is his downfall. I believe Capello's Roma and now Juve under Don Fabio are suffering from the same thing. Capello simply doesn't trust his bench, ever. Capello repeatedly fielded the same 9 or 10 players for both Serie A and the CL/UEFA Cup under Roma. With Roma, it was a little more understandable as we didn't have a great bench. But with Juve, he has a very good bench and there is no reason why the same players should be used everytime out. With a 10 point lead on Milan while playing at home, Capello fielded Juve's best 11 players against a Roma missing Totti, Chivu, De Rossi, Montella, and Nonda. Why? Arrogance. He wanted to embarrass Roma 4-0. He didn't anticipate young players like Aquilani, Rosi, and Kharja outplaying his beloved midfield pair of Emerson and Vieira. If Juve had rested their better players for the Roma match, the result may have been different. Why not use Giannichedda, Mutu, Blasi, Kovac, and Zalayeta more in Serie A when you have a doble digit lead??? He's an arrogant jerk, thats why.

Thank God for Capello...otherwise Juve would be Champions of Europe...what a dreadful thought. :tongue:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Yes I remember Juve fans hating on Lippi after losing in the CL final something like 3 times with Juve and only winning once, however, at least he got to those finals.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Funlovin said:
Don't you think Capello changed his way of thinking in the past years.I mean the style of play,formation? If look at the time when he was at real, milan didn't he play another system? Juve always played the same boring football and now they got a coach who likes playing boring (no brain-Defensive) football, ;)
Juve have always been a boring team. :tongue:Everyone knows that Capello needs a world class squad at his disposal, to coach it's not that he could coach a current Roma or Fiorentina team and get the results they're getting in all due respects. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Bandiera said:
Juve have always been a boring team. :tongue:Everyone knows that Capello needs a world class squad at his disposal, to coach it's not that he could coach a current Roma or Fiorentina team and get the results they're getting in all due respects. :thumbsup:
Very good point.He does not win trophies by bringing out the best of what he has got,rather he tries to buy the best available.Remember,he needed Batistuta to land us a scudetto,and it practically broke us at the same time.the juve wage bill will be worse still

1 - 20 of 21 Posts