Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so who have they been?

for me:

Kenneth Vermeer - Ajax's no 3 goalie. Was on loan to Willem II last season but didn't do so well there but this tournament he's looked good.

Edu - the big tall guy who plays for the US. How highly is he actually rated in the US?

Sekkou Cisse - just keeps on scoring for the Ivory Coast. :D an ok player for Roda JC but will scoring now mean he'll now be a player on bigger clubs scouting list?!

·
Registered
68,853 Posts
Edu is highly rated in the US, he was the #1 pick in the MLS draft (I know you Europeans don't know what that means, but it's impressive :D ). I am actually impressed with the USA backline, especially with the injuries they have, Wynne has been good as has Parkhurst

·
Registered
58,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great name aye.. he's not in the olympic squad and currently looking for a new club

The boy's now AZ's no. 3 after a string of howlers last season and he apparently isn't happy about it .Grea

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Di Maria obviosuly made some noise, but any smart scout should take note that Nico Pareja is not an elder bad choice...

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Yes, but Di María was great during the U20 World Cup in Canada when Argentina managed to win it.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Most of the Nigerian squad is good enough to be playing in the best European leagues...maybe with the exception of Anichebe...who plays for Everton.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I haven't seen much of the Olympic football tournament, here in Germany we mostly saw the womens games and highlightes of the mens tournament.

Matthew Spiranovic was not new to me, because he already plays for my club, but I was glad that the young central defender played a good tournament and showed that he is capable of higher levels. I'm sure he'll play a good role in the future for the Australian senior team and my FCN.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts