Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www2.sbs.com.au/opinions/index.php3?id=54791

He comments on Sepp Blatter's vision for the game over the next decade, and there are some very thought provoking ideas. Now you may not think much of Blatter, and his grip in FIFA may not be due entirely to people thinking he's a nice man, but his views have always stirred up some debate.

I agree with Les that holding the World Cup every two years isn't a goer, but I'm also with him on the idea of reducing friendlies (although neither of them pick up that the Oceania region would need to shake itself up so that Australia can play some more meaningful matches - really Oceania needs to go, or be a feeder group for Asia - the top 2 or 4 Oceania teams should join the Asian qualifiers.

The comments on 10 per side and offside rules are not new, but are interesting nonetheless. How would teams adapt to 10 outfield players? Perhaps 4-4-1 at first, or 4-3-2. I'd like to see a 3-3-1-2 myself but that's just me. :pp

Anyways, it's a good read if you have a spare 5 minutes or so.

·
©
7,230 Posts
I am totally against this reduction of players idea. Football is the greatest game in the world, we don't have to change anything.

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
i don't want no changes in player numberses, no off side changes, no video refs...

LEAVE FOOTBALL ALONE!!!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think reduction of player numbers on the pitch would be interesting to see, even if I don't want it to happen. How often do we see it if it two teams get a player sent off and it becomes 9x9 on the pitch and it becomes a really fast, free-flowing game? I wouldn't want to see it become 10x10 including goalkeepers but it's an interesting thought.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Here we go again. Blatter trying to change the game, like he did over a decade ago with his four quarters, kick ins and larger goals. Jog along Sepp, most of us are pretty happy with the game as it is, as we did 15 years ago when you first spewed this sort of stuff.

I do agree that Oceania has to be given the flick though. Trouble is, who's going to take us. Whilst you could say Lowy, O'Neill & co are sucking up to the AFC does this also apply to the head honchos at the OFC too??????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts