Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anybody know what's up with Leonardo Romagnoli?
When will he be able to play again? And will he stay at San Lorenzo or maybe join a European team?

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Bundesliga team SV Werder Bremen is very interested in signing Romagnoli, and Romagnoli wants to go to Bremen. Only problem is the transfer fee. San Lorenzo wants 5 Mio Dollars, but Werder doesn't want to pay that amount of money because Romagnoli still hasn't fully recovered from his injury yet. Werder wants to sign him on loan for one season with the option to buy him next year.
We will see what happens next.
I would prefer Romagnoli to go to SV Hamburg where his old buddy Bernie Romeo plays... :D !

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Didn't I hear around this time last year that Leverkusen were to sign Romangnoli and Romeo in December 2001? Or was that Hamburg? Anyway, Leonardo is a terrific player.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
They were both going to join Leverkusen but only Romeo ended up joining Hamburg.
SPANIARD said:
Didn't I hear around this time last year that Leverkusen were to sign Romangnoli and Romeo in December 2001? Or was that Hamburg? Anyway, Leonardo is a terrific player.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.

I knew there have been rumors for more than a year that he might go to Germany, but then there was his injury and the transfers failed.

Once he was reported to go to Switzerland, but for some reason he didn't either.

But San Lorenzo need money, I think, so they won't be too satisfied with the loan scenario. Especially if he regains his full physical health soon, they might get offers from others clubs willing to buy him again.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Good news, after being sidelined for almost seven months, Romagnoli started full pre-season training with San Lorenzo a couple of days ago. Welcome back pipi :)

·
2,968 Posts
@czar : Is it still likely, that Romagnoli will be transfered to europe already this summer ?
IMHO it would be smarter by San Lorenzo to keep him for one season, if Romagnoli could catch up with his form he showed last year, they could sell him for a higher price than 4,5-5 Mio Dollars.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
So he´s finally starting to recover from his nasty injury! Sounds great as he´s one of my favourite up and coming players (saw him play at YWC and was impressed)!
IMO best option for him is to stay in San Lorenzo for at least a year and then pursue a career at Italy (Parma) or some smaller club in Spain eventhough HSV isn´t a bad option either or whaddaya think?!?

·
2,968 Posts
Werder Bremen made a new offer for Romagnoli.
They announced on their official webpage, that they are still very interested in Romagnoli and that they contacted San Lorenzo again to make a new bid for Romagnoli, but the San Lorenzo management didn't answer yet...

werder-website

IMHO Bremen won't announce something like that if they weren't extremly confident that the deal will succeed. Bremen is a very conservative club which always tries to keep its transfer activities very 'private' in order not to alert other clubs ...

If the deal takes place and Romagnoli switches to Bremen, there will be an interesting argentine duel at August 18 when SV Hamburg comes to Bremen with argentine players Ledesma, Cardoso and Romeo..
Bremen and Hamburg are northern germany's soccer archrivals, i would really hate to see Romagnoli play for Bremen :mad: :mad:
;)!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
To my knowledge he´s Zidane/Aimar type of player with great vision and technique whilst he´s not the fastest of them all.
His favoured position is attacking and/or central midfield and likes to play freerole.

He made his breakthrough about two years ago by leading San Lorenzo to the championship and later winning the World Youth Cup alongside his former San Lorenzo counterpart Coloccini (now AC Milan property) and Javier Saviola among others, he was vital to their success to say the least.

Afterwards he suffered his careers most horrible injury by blowing his kneecap(?), but now he´s back and I hope to see him in Europe sometime soon (not in Werder Bremen though)!

BTW it´s Leandro not Leonardo if I´m correct?!?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Frustration For Werder As Romagnoli Talks Put On Hold
News Archive

Stuck in limbo...Romagnoli (Reuters)
07/19/2002. Bundesliga club Werder Bremen will continue to have to be patient in their bid to lure highly-promising Argentinean midfielder Leandro Romagnoli to the Weserstadion, as the ongoing legal problems within AC San Lorenzo mean that the Apertura side are in no position to discuss any transfers.

San Lorenzo are currently struggling to fend off bankruptcy and a commission is scheduled to meet on August 8 to discuss the organization's future.

"There is no point in negotiating with San Lorenzo further until a resolution can be reached in Argentina," explained Werder chairman Jürgen L. Born.

Werder have already reached an agreement with the audaciosly-skilled 21-year-old playmaker and were waiting on the response of a recent offer they made to his troubled club, which was believed to be in the region of €4 million.

soccerage ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts