Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we've got Leon Osman on loan for a month from you guys, so i was wondering is he any good? How do you guys rate him?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
He was a good youth player as well a reserve player. He hasnt been able to break into the first team, yet he is still young. He should do well if given enough playing time.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He had a good first display, and the backroom staff at Pride Park are very impressed, i hope we can extend the 1 month loan, to the 3 month maximun, and maybe even look at a permanent signing, Do you think Osman would be for sale?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Derby 2 - Shef Utd 0 : nice score.

Being at the age of 23 - I think he should be breaking into the first team, however he's behind a lot of others in the pecking order for midfield. Its possible Moyes may consider offers for him.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Osman was our best player player against Reading, scored but it was disallowed, when it shouldn't of been, he looks good, i hope we can make a deal with you guys, he would definately be a god edition to the squad.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Of course he is good he's an Evertonian.;) But you better hope he has a few bad matches along the way or that price tag may get steep, or Moyes may decide to get rid of graves and keep Osman around as Graves replacement.:cool:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another impressive display, scored the equaliser, he looks a class act in division one, i really do hope we can make a deal, i'll will be very happy to see him become a Derby player, but if he keeps playing well, Moyes might want him back, we'll have to see.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Osman scored again, i now pray we can sign him he has ben brilliant, and while we are at it have you got any more young quality players we can gave;)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Looks as though we are going to let you have Leon a bit longer as Eveerton agree to extend his loan deal.

Rams extend Osman loan

Derby manager George Burley has moved swiftly to extend Everton midfielder Leon Osman's loan, who struck the winner against Crystal Palace.
The relegation-threatened Rams had fallen behind to Palace at Pride Park as Michael Hughes' wonderfully flighted right-wing lob broke the first-half deadlock.

But Burley's men turned the game on its head in a pulsating second period, which saw Spanish striker Manel score his first senior goal for the Rams since arriving in January from Espanyol.

It was Osman who completed the comeback and secured what could prove to be three vital points for the struggling Rams. With less than 15 minutes remaining, the youngster pounced to rob Mark Hudson on the edge of the Eagles' box before driving the ball home.

Now the midfielder, who had opened his Derby account during the 2-2 draw with Cardiff a fortnight ago, has been secured on a second month's loan from the Toffees.

Burley said: "I've spoken to David Moyes and he's agreed to extend Leon's loan, so we're delighted about that. He can stay for at least another month which is wonderful news for us, but there is a 24-hour recall clause which means if Everton get two or three injuries he might have to go back."

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PAULMAY said:
Looks as though we are going to let you have Leon a bit longer as Eveerton agree to extend his loan deal.

Rams extend Osman loan

Derby manager George Burley has moved swiftly to extend Everton midfielder Leon Osman's loan, who struck the winner against Crystal Palace.
The relegation-threatened Rams had fallen behind to Palace at Pride Park as Michael Hughes' wonderfully flighted right-wing lob broke the first-half deadlock.

But Burley's men turned the game on its head in a pulsating second period, which saw Spanish striker Manel score his first senior goal for the Rams since arriving in January from Espanyol.

It was Osman who completed the comeback and secured what could prove to be three vital points for the struggling Rams. With less than 15 minutes remaining, the youngster pounced to rob Mark Hudson on the edge of the Eagles' box before driving the ball home.

Now the midfielder, who had opened his Derby account during the 2-2 draw with Cardiff a fortnight ago, has been secured on a second month's loan from the Toffees.

Burley said: "I've spoken to David Moyes and he's agreed to extend Leon's loan, so we're delighted about that. He can stay for at least another month which is wonderful news for us, but there is a 24-hour recall clause which means if Everton get two or three injuries he might have to go back."
I'll be watching the Everton injury list very closely, great news for us though, we never looked like scoring untill Osman came.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
That injury list may come sooner than you think as Moyes may crack a few heads open if we give up two goals in the space of fifteen minuets at the end of a match again.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PAULMAY said:
That injury list may come sooner than you think as Moyes may crack a few heads open if we give up two goals in the space of fifteen minuets at the end of a match again.
:howler: :howler:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, after this weeks game Osman's loan spell ends, We are desperate to sign him, and i do believe he wants to come, but there could be a problem with the money Everton want for him, it's rumoured they may want 1 million for him, and that could be a problem for us, just wondering what you Everton fans think his asking price will be?

Hopefully not to much Osman has been brilliant for us.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts