Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets not forget about Leicester.;)

The game's a noon kickoff and if Leicester loses this one then they'll be demoted to the Nationwide.This will be Bassett's last game in charge and he'll be missing several key players in the likes of Izzet,Scowcroft and Andy Impey.

Fergie also has a long injury list with Veron,Keano and Beckham all ruled out for this game.He might even opt to rest Giggsy with the Depor game in mind so we might get to see Fortune starting on the left flank.Ole should partner Ruud up front while Forlan might very well start on the right flank.Scholes will be partnering Butt in central midfield while at the back Blanc could be rested with Phil neville getting a chance and Gaz moving to the center.

It'll be a vastly different side than the one at Depor and hopefully they'll get the job.

Three points is a must and since we havent lost to Leicester since 1998,it should be an easy affair.Lets hope we dont do another Boro over at Filbert Street.:nervous:

·
Registered
775 Posts
I Think MAN U will win 3-0 And good luck to MAN U

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Any sort of victory is enough for me!

1-0 is enough!

But lets hope that its a bit of a hammerage!

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
1-0 United from a Solskjaer goal in the 61st minute! :happy:

In the 2nd minute of injury time, Nicky Butt got a knock on the back on the head. Apparently, he was hit there by Deane's knee. :( Let's hope he will be ok, he was taken off and United finished with 10 men since all three substitutions had been made.

Leicester are now relegated to the 1st Division. They needed the three points today.

Match reports are welcomed by those who watched it. Damn internet radio. ;)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Woooh 1-0

What happend to Butt???

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
As i said b4, 1-0 would be enough!

And thats what happened!

Leicester were no doubt fighting for their lives but we still got the better of them!

Phew! ;)

But its 3 points so we'll take IT!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Crap match, crap performance and a crap atmosphere, but nevertheless an excellent result, as this game had Boro written all over it.

With a midfield of Fortune-Butt-Scholes-Phizza it was obvious we'll be lacking in the creativity area and with Denis at RB and Carroll in goal we were always going to rather shakey at the back.

Leicester had some good chances and for once the ref was biased towards us (we deserve it after that 'kin Greek vs Depor) but we ground out the result, which is very important.

We obviously will need to play 200% better vs Depor but I'm not worried, cause it was quite obvious that the players' minds were not focused on this match, they were all thinking about Depor.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
United players seemed to forget that they actually had to play against Leicester before Depor.:eek:

The first half was a drab affair with Leicester being the better team.They had lots of possession and Deane and Dickov were constant menaces for our defense.I could not believe that Fergie played Phil Neville in centyral midfield and pushed Scholes out to the right.Thats why Leicester had far too much space and time through the center and the likes of Savage and Oakley were making full use of it.

However in the second half,Fergie introduced Ruud in place of Fortune and pushed Scholes into the center and brought Phil into the right flank.Immediately we started looking like a different team and had more possession.When the goal came it was a scrappy one sorta like the game itself.Phizza put in a long throw into the leicester box which the Foxes defence failed to deal with properly.Ole chested the ball and then slammed in a shot barely 8 yards away from the Leicester goal.After that Fergie introduced Giggsy to hit Leicester on the counter but in the end the Foxes couldnt create any clear cut chances.

A scrappy game played in difficult conditions and sorta games you have to win in order to clinch the Championship.With the players minds on the Depor game in midweek we definitely could have dropped some valuable points but in the end came off with all 3:happy::happy:

·
Registered
579 Posts
A good victory but not a very pretty one. We have to grind out victories sometimes after all.

I think Fergie was fielding the least strong side he could. Face everyone -- fans, players, coaches -- have their minds on Wednesday.

Too bad for Leicester, though. They're fans have a great attitude.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts