Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good win last night, nice to see Anelka getting back to form.
I thought Trevor Sinclair had a good game, and Sibierski looks very measured, does he always play like that?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Its great to have that winning feeling back Balis. Its a tremendous relief after all this time. The only positive part of our run is that 4 of them games were in cup competitions, and one of them led to the replay where we won. 14 LEAGUE games and it could be worse. Sinclair played the best I've seen him play in a long time for City. I don't think he's played that well since against Arsenal :eek:

About Sibierski Balis, I have to say I haven't seen him that often. He has only played a few games. He made his return against Leeds, but didn't start against Liverpool (came on as a sub). I saw him against Charlton when he came on for the second half (replaced McManaman at half time) and then against Leicester both times. He has scored 3 in those lot which is good, especially as our midfield did not grab a lot of goals last season other than Foé. This season SWP and Sibierski have grabbed 11 between them this season, whilst our 2nd highest goalscorer from midfield last yar was Benarbia on 3. He seems to be adjusting to England, as the pace really caught him early on in the season despite scoring on his debut. Now he has adjusted, he is showing why we bought him, and why he is talked of a lot in France. He can pass neat, and takes his time on the ball well. He is both footed and a good goalscoring midfielder, and Keegan says he is playing too good to drop in favour of Macca.

Reading King of the Kippax (a city Fanzine), it talked of a blue in France who all the French ask how Sibierski is doing. They rave about him there, saying he would be in the France starting line-up if it wasn't for Zidane. They also say he is like scholes, in the fact that he scores a lot by arriving late from midfield into the box. This seems true as 4 of his 5 goals have come like this, the only other being a free kick. Certainly doing well for us, hope he can keep it up!

Btw, bosvelt played well last night, as did Dunne (again!!). Dunne is truly doing great this season and is certainly what we've been missing at the back over the past 2 years since Pearce retired. He makes the odd mistake, but mops everything up.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
A win at last. Again City let a lead slip but thgis time we won thanks to two late goals. Its good to see Macken scoring again too. He should of had two though. Yes Sibierski looked good. Maybe Keegan should play him more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts