Xtratime Community banner

Leicester City Thread

3K views 74 replies 6 participants last post by  Kopite 
#1 ·
LCFC started their preparing for the new season 2019-20 in this month of July by playing some friendlies

SCUNTHORPE UNITED vs Leicester ( FT 0-1 )
Cheltenham Town vs Leicester ( FT 1-2 )
Cambridge United vs Leicester ( FT 0-3 )

next
Stoke City vs Leicester

this match should be played today

#2 ·
I watched most of the last match against Cambridge, i respect this side and their fans who showed their loyalty and support till the last minute even though it was a friendly. But what i mean that LCFC was possessing all the 90 minutes and were able to score more than 3, nothing to be mentioned about Cambridge side.

Rodgers approx used all his available players in this match, maybe except Pérez who didn't started him among the main XI

#5 ·
i'm watching a replay for stoke vs leciester match right now

Evans started the match next to Maguire although that he was substituted in last match against Cambridge due to thigh injury.

the new arrival Perez started the game, and wore shirt no#17

#6 ·
LCFC lineup vs Stoke

----------------Schmeichel --------------

Recardo - Evans - Maguire - Chilwell

------Tielemans---------Choudhury -------

Perez -------Maddison ------Albrighton

-----------------Vardy -------------------

it looks this is the main lineup for Rodgers which started this match. the 2nd team was playing the same time another friendly match vs Rotherham United

#7 ·
Stoke City vs Leicester City
FT 1-2 ( Albrighton, Tielemans )

- both goals were asisted by FBs Ricardo and Chilwell

-Schmeiche saved a penalty in the 1st have but conceed and easy goal in the 2nd half.

a very good match generally for the FOXES and no doubt B Rodgers and players got a lot of benefits from it

#16 ·
Leicester City take on Atalanta on Friday night in Brendan Rodgers' final chance to assess his squad ahead of the Premier League campaign.

City are unbeaten in pre-season so far, beating Scunthorpe, Cheltenham, Cambridge and Stoke, while drawing to Rotherham, but they face their toughest test as they welcome Champions League qualifiers Atalanta to the King Power Stadium.

It's been 82 days since City last stepped foot on the turf at the King Power and the match provides home fans with a first chance to see new signings Ayoze Perez and James Justin in action.

But they won't see Harry Maguire. The defender had already been ruled out of the fixture following speculation surrounding his future but the centre-back is now on course to join Manchester United after a fee of around £80 million was agreed on Friday.

#17 ·
Leicester still looking for playing identity - Kasper Schmeichel

Leicester City are still searching for their Premier League identity but boss Brendan Rodgers can make them a top club, says Kasper Schmeichel.

The club were promoted to the top flight in 2014 and won the Premier League title in 2016 before their owner died in a helicopter crash last season.

Rodgers was appointed in February, replacing Claude Puel, who was sacked after 16 months in charge.

"I don't think we had a Premier League identity," said goalkeeper Schmeichel.

"We had an identity in the Championship, the way we played under Nigel Pearson for three years. Then we came up to the Premier League and we had the great escape season, then winning the Premier League in our second season.

"But then you're floating around thinking 'what kind of team are we?'

"We skipped a few steps. It's really important now we find that identity - who are we and what kind of team are we.

"Everything is in place; we have an amazing manager, amazing owners, a new training ground and everything is there to establish ourselves.

"When you look at the squad, the potential, the youth, the chances are endless. We are a club that believes in the impossible and want to establish ourselves as one of the top clubs."

Rodgers, who joined Leicester from Celtic midway through last season, said he wants his team to play "exciting and entertaining" football "in a way that improves players".

The 46-year-old Northern Irishman took over with the Foxes 11th in the Premier League, and led them to a ninth-place finish.

After supporters' complaints about the style of football under former boss Puel, Schmeichel said Rodgers' arrival "raised everything a little bit".

Rodgers added: "Culture is very important, culture is half the battle. If you can create an environment where players come into work you can create a code in your work and then you live by that every day, that's absolutely key. Running alongside that is a playing identity.

"I have an inherent belief in the way I work. It's not the right or wrong way, but it's how I've always perceived development of players and how I want my teams to perform.

"Ultimately we are here to win but we want to win in a way that excites and entertains supporters and in a way that players will improve.

"Building that culture and environment is something we have put a lot of work into and something that will continually grow the longer work together."

Schmeichel also believes Leicester can rely on the culture that was enforced by former owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who lost his life in a helicopter crash at the King Power Stadium last October.

"His identity is imprinted on this club wherever you go," the Danish goalkeeper said. "All his values, everything he was about, we are about: family, togetherness, unity, courage and making the impossible possible.

"He was nicknamed 'the impossible man' and he had a belief. You could doubt it but when you looked him in his eye, you were in no doubt that he meant what he was saying. When a man like that says that, he gives you belief and his loss will always be felt within the club.

"Luckily we have his son [Aiyawatt]. The way he has stepped up and dealt with unbearable grief and not tried to hide it, but to share it with fans and to lead the club, we are lucky."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49195076

#19 ·
They are an interesting club, its shame they put their fate in the hands if hack like Brendan Rodgers.

#22 ·
Harry Maguire: Man Utd sign Leicester defender for world record £80m

Manchester United have signed England centre-back Harry Maguire from Premier League rivals Leicester City for £80m - a world record fee for a defender.

The 26-year-old has agreed a six-year contract at Old Trafford, with the option of a further year.

The fee for Maguire eclipses the £75m Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk in January 2018.

"When Manchester United come knocking on your door, it is an incredible opportunity," said Maguire.

Maguire is the second most expensive signing in English top-flight history after new team-mate Paul Pogba (£89m), and becomes the second most expensive British player after Wales winger Gareth Bale, who joined Real Madrid from Tottenham for £85m in 2013.

He is United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's third summer signing, after right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka arrived from Crystal Palace for £50m and winger Daniel James joined from Swansea for £15m.

Maguire added: "From my conversations with the manager, I am excited about the vision and plans he has for the team.

"It's clear to see that Ole is building a team to win trophies. I am now looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and getting the season started."

Solskjaer said: "Harry is one of the best centre-backs in the game today.

"He is a great reader of the game and has a strong presence on the pitch, with the ability to remain calm under pressure.

"He will fit well into this group both on and off the pitch."

Premier League clubs have now spent more than £1bn this summer with three days remaining until the transfer window closes.

From £2.5m to a world record fee

United had a long-standing interest in Maguire but backed away from a deal 12 months ago because they felt the £70m asking price at the time was too high.

Maguire, who signed a five-year contract at Leicester last September, made 69 Premier League appearances for the club he joined from Hull City in 2017.

He began his career at Sheffield United, making 139 league appearances for the Blades before moving to Hull in 2014.

He was part of the side that earned promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs in 2016, but left for Leicester in a £17m deal following the Tigers' relegation 12 months later.

Maguire made his England debut in August 2017 and helped his country reach the semi-finals of the 2018 World Cup in Russia, scoring in the 2-0 quarter-final win over Sweden.

He becomes one of seven centre-backs in United's squad, alongside Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling and Axel Tuanzebe.

Analysis
Maguire's former Hull team-mate Michael Dawson, speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live

What makes him an £80m player is his distribution. He can bring the ball out from the back, he is comfortable in tight areas, he gets out of trouble. That is what makes him an elite player.

He is one of those lads who will walk into the dressing room and settle in straight away.

One day you can see him being a captain of Manchester United.

#23 ·
now with only Morgan, Evans and Soyuncu, fans wonder now if Rodgers gonna sign a new CB for such a long season.

is a defender available in coming few days?

and how the club will invest such a high $$$ of money (80m) after selling Magurie to Manutd??

#24 ·
Maguire is a strong physically, a decent defender in set pieces, good tackling and can score goals sometimes, but not dynamically superb while holding the ball.

i don't know but for me i think he is not worth such a huge amount, 80m so high tbh.

#25 ·
latest update about LCFC

-Bournemouth's Nathan Ake and Burnley's James Tarkowski have been earmarked as the leading candidates, with a reported bid of £20m for Tarkowski rejected yesterday.

-Dennis Praet (Sampdoria player) is understood to be a target for City and Sky Italia are reporting that advanced negotiations are underway over the €20 million man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.