Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he has been banned for two matches for throwing water over De Santis after the Bayern game :D

UEFA obviously have no sense of humour :nono:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
haha... so the first 2 games of the next campaign he is out... better still hope he doesnt play for arsenal and we get toldo or frey!

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
gunner4ever said:
haha... so the first 2 games of the next campaign he is out... better still hope he doesnt play for arsenal and we get toldo or frey!
Don't see how Toldo would be able to help us out more than Jern. If he would have been three years younger or so, than why not. But of the mentioned above I'd stick with Jern or get Frey, Frey would make a difference...

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
throwing a bit of water about is equilavent to insinuating the referee and a coach for the opponents are involved in corruption according to the boys at UEFA. :rollani:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I was having my lunch when the news came up on Sky out of the blue, I nearly spat my sandwich out on the floor! How on earth could the tabloids manage to miss out on this story? They gotta be well gutted :pp.
What’s even more astonishing is that I think I can remember seeing an interview with him just after the game where he was as calm as he always seems to be in interviews. They guy’s a lunatic !! :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Lehmann handed ban
From correspondents in London
April 6, 2005

ARSENAL goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has been banned for two European matches after throwing water over the referee and a linesman following Arsenal's Champions' League exit last month.

The governing body UEFA announced the punishment today, saying Lehmann had twice thrown water over Italian referee Massimo De Santis and a linesman in the players' tunnel after Arsenal's 1-0 win over Bayern Munich at Highbury on March 9.

Despite their win, Arsenal lost the first knockout round tie 3-2 on aggregate.

UEFA said on their official website German international Lehmann was found guilty of "a deliberate pestering act" that displayed a "striking lack of respect towards the referee".

Reuters
Jens has to go, he's not even a good keeper
:moan:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
get out, at least Lehmann provides us with some laughs at times, Dudek is a misery, who can forget Jens pushing over Ronaldo at Villa Park last year ? he is a cult hero just for that. :D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
or giving away a penalty when we won the title at white fart lane?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts