Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the 2-0 defeat at Old Trafford at the end of October, Arsenal’s poor run of form has been well documented.

However, while much of the blame apportioned has centred on Pascal Cygan’s poor performances and Sol Campbell’s absence, the lack of saves being made by goalkeeper Jens Lehmann makes very interesting reading.

In the nine-goal dramatics played out at White Hart Lane a fortnight ago, Lehmann made three saves but conceded four.

While in the other three games, all drawn, Arsenal’s opponents have managed to score with their only shots on target, leaving Lehmann without a single save in any of those matches.

Lehmann's Saves In Last Four Premiership Matches
Date Opponent Result Lehmann Saves
20-Nov-04 West Brom 1-1 0
13-Nov-04 Tottenham 5-4 3
6-Nov-04 Crystal Palace 1-1 0
30-Oct-04 Southampton 2-2 0

:eek: :eek: i dont want to say i told you so, BUT I DID!
hes is not good enough, hes actually CRAP. he cant save a ball, he used to sweep balls, now he doesnt even do that!
We need a new GK, because lehman is not good enough, i say Van der sar, if AW reads this : buy him u IDIOT!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Lehmann wasn't to blame for any of them goals, did you forget the save he made against Spurs to stop us going 2-0 down, extremely important on the day.

he's not the best in the world but he has been extremely good for this club.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Lehmann is sh!t. You guys should look for a new goalie.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
you guys really piss me off sometimes, and usually you show a complete lack of knowledge about arsenal and arsenals players. Lehman is not a bad player, he is a good player. no he isnt world class but then again not many keepers are, but for now he is more then capable enough to represent arsenal.

Also, those stats mean absolutely nothing, as none of those goals he had any chance in hell of saving and the majority of those matches he hardly had anything to do!

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lehman is not good enough to be in arsenal, he doesnt save balls, his reaction is rather slow, he doesnt sweep the ball as he used to, he has made mistakes that has cost us dearly, theres VAN DER SAR, who is BETTER than Lehman, whether u like it or not, hes not going to cost allot, hes gonna be very cheap! We should get him, Lehman is a weak link in Arsenal, ask anyone about, They will AGREE!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I agree. However if you guys are happy with him, I wont be complaining ;).

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
If we would have had the money we would have bought Buffon and not Lehmann. But we don't, so before you complain you need to realise that we're not the richest club in the world and we rather buy an "okey" keeper than buy the most expensive and perhaps best keeper in the world...
...because what team needs the best keeper in the world when they one month after his arrival goes bankrupt?

Lehmann is a better keeper than just an "okey"-keeper so we should be happy although of course nobody would refuse a Frey or a Buffon...
But as I said, it's not a "point and get"-situation. What we got for our money is a keeper that stayed unbeaten in his first 49 EPL games and currently is fighting against Oliver Kahn about who's the best keeper in Germany...
That's not something just any keeper does...So we should'nt complain.

In five years when we have moved to our new stadium and most likely will get more in income than we do now THEN you can complain if we don't have the best...but for now, just stop.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
If we can't score more than one goal against the likes of WBA and Crystal Palace we do not deserve all three points.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
speaking of income, we landed the emirates deal, 2 million should be available for AW, i think that would get us van der sar.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
van der Sar makes as many fuk ups as Lehmann easily and doesn't save many unbelievable shots either, if we signed him you would be moaning about him within weeks Twayka.

if you were talking about Buffon then sure, but there is no goalies out there that would be better then Lehmann for £2m, if you think there is you must be living in the clouds. :D :pp

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Exactly.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Twayka said:
so ur telling me, lehman > van der sar?
Van Der Sar in his Ajax-days were one of the best keepers in the world, if not "the" best. But that was ages ago. Just like Jern sad, he's not that much better than Lehmann these days. I'm not that sure he is really.
And if he is it's not by much I can tell you that. Stick with Lehmann I say, he has the players respect and when we get the chance to buy a younger and better keeper(No names mentioned...Isaksson....Isaksson...Isaksson... ;) ) we should do so.

Don't get me wrong, I like Van Der Sar alot, he's one of my all-time favourite keepers actually but why spend money on a keeper when we have a keeper almost as good in the team?
It makes no sense and I hope Wenger realise this.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Ok Ok, give us Herry and we give you Abbiati ;)

P.S. Obviously Lupoli shouldn't be even mentioned in joining us as soon as his apprentiship period is over ;)

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Twayka said:
i hope we buy frey and SWP in january, because losing to LIVERPOOL is PATHETIC.
why is it pathetic? It's not asif we're Norwich or Crystal Palace, Liverpool are a very good team with very good players, we've been abit unlucky with injuries and adapting to a new regime but once everything has settled and a few additions are made we will deffinetley be up there, so I don't really see the shame in loosing to Liverpool.

BTW you didn't just lose you was out classed.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
first half yes , 2nd half was a different story.
we were better in the 2nd half away from home.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
We were not. We had about fifteen minutes of being better than Liverpool, the rest of the time they were by far better. We got nothing and deserved nothing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts