Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made two lists. One with the mataches Legrotagllie played and the second is the matches Legrotagllie didn't play.
Let's see how much we conceeded when he played and when he didn't.
The lists are including all season mtaches (Serie A, Champions leahue and Coppt Italia).

With Legrotagllie:

31.8.03, Juventus - Empoli 5-1
14.9.03, Chievo - Juventus 1-2 (Legrotagllie scores)
21.9.03, Juventus - Roma 2-2
30.9.03, Olympiakos - Juventus 1-2
5.10.03, Juventus - Bologna 2-1
1.11.03, Milan - Juventus 1-1
9.11.03, Juventus - Udinese 4-1
22.11.03, Modena - Juventus 0-2
29.11.03, Juventus - Inter 1-3
6.12.03, Lazio - Juventus 2-0
18.12.03, Juventus - Siena 2-1
21.12.03, Lecce - Juventus 1-1
16.1.04, Perugia - Juventus 1-2
21.1.04, Juventus - Perugia 1-0
1.2.04, Juventus - Chievo 1-0
8.2.04, Roma - Juventus 4-0
12.2.04, Inter - Juventus 2-2
15.2.04, Juventus - Reggina 1-0
25.2.04, Deportivo La Coruna - Juventus 1-0
6.3.04, Brescia - Juventus 2-3
9.3.04, Juventus - Deportico La Coruna 0-1
14.3.04, Juventus - Milan 1-3
17.3.04, Lazio - Juventus 2-0
21.3.04, Udinese - Juventus 0-0
4.4.04, Inter - Juventus 3-2
10.4.04, Juventus - Lazio 1-0
18.4.04, Parma - Juventus 2-2
25.4.04, Juventus - Lecce 3-4
9.5.04, Juventus - Sampdoria 2-0 (Legrotagllie scores)

Total: 29 matches played - 40 goals we conceeded.

Without Legrotagllie:

17.9.03, Juventus - Galatasaray 2-1
27.9.03, Reggina - Juventus 0-2
18.10.03, Ancona - Juventus 2-3
21.10.03, Juventus - Real Sociedad 4-2
26.10.03, Juventus - Brescia 2-0
5.11.03, Real Sociedad - Juventus 0-0
25.11.03, Siena - Juventus 1-2
2.12.03, Galatasaray - Juventus 2-0
10.12.03, Juventus - Olympiakos 7-0
14.12.03, Juventus - Parma 4-0
6.1.04, Juventus - Perugia 1-0
11.1.04, Sampdoria - Juventus 1-2
18.1.04, Juventus - Siena 4-2
25.1.04, Empoli - Juventus 3-3
4.2.04, Juventus - Inter 2-2
22.2.04, Bologna - Juventus 0-1
29.2.04, Juventus - Ancona 3-0
28.3.04, Juventus - Modena 3-1
2.5.04, Perugia - Juventus 1-0
16.5.04, Siena - Juventus 1-3

Total: 20 matches played - 19 goals conceeded.

Total for 2004/2004 season: 49 games played - 59 conceeded.

Bad...

I'm not saying the Legrotagllie is the only reason that we are looking like this, but it's obvious that he isn't doing good for Juve. Most of the time, he is doing bad.
Did you know he was subtitute only twice in the matches he played (against La Coruna in the second Leg and against Lecce in the second round) and he was never sub. someone else?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Arianna said:
yesterday played nice
And they lost...;)

Legrottaglie is the weak link in the defense...unfortunetly I don't think Moggi is up to admitting he made a mistake and he will remain I think...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
What if it's a psychological thing...defenders not feeling safe with him around. Which leads to mistakes...etc...

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
GaGa said:
What if it's a psychological thing...defenders not feeling safe with him around. Which leads to mistakes...etc...
yea yea...excuses...excuses:D

btw i could defend LegVottaglie like i've done with Helveg but i wont ...it's only a waste of time

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Arianna said:
yea yea...excuses...excuses:D

btw i could defend LegVottaglie like i've done with Helveg but i wont ...it's only a waste of time
Yeah such players are as you said a waste of time...;) :tongue:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
GaGa said:
2003 wasn't his year either, we are in 2004...:tongue:
2 years ago when he played in Chievo was an "idol" for me and my best friend... Chievo was our lovely thing. We talked all the time about Chievo ,Chievo players( in one website i have also this nickname: LegvottaglieMavazzina:howler: ) ,Del Nevi ( we have made also "an interview" to Del Nevi on the Chievo official website:happy: )...
Legvo is in our heart:depress: and it's sad for us to see that this season his carrer it's being gotten ruined :groan:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Arianna said:
2 years ago when he played in Chievo was an "idol" for me and my best friend... Chievo was our lovely thing. We talked all the time about Chievo ,Chievo players( in one website i have also this nickname: LegvottaglieMavazzina:howler: ) ,Del Nevi ( we have made also "an interview" to Del Nevi on the Chievo official website:happy: )...
Legvo is in our heart:depress: and it's sad for us to see that this season his carrer it's being gotten ruined :groan:
wow :D all that...some would say you went Chievo crazy...:tongue: too bad just as Legrottaglie has gone bad so has Chievo's fortunes...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Weak Link?

IMHO Legro has paid the price for being played alongside Iuliano and Montero this year.

Both of them have been much worse than Legro. Iuliano in particular has been consistently awful. At least Montero has the occaisional good day.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I think Lego has suffer for not having a top level defender who partners him... he is not a leader (yet) so he needs a leader to feel secure...
If we get a great defender for next year I think he will improbe more...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Juve should keep him and send the other defenders (Iuliano, Montero, Ferrara) to hell. It would make much more sense to buy someone like Mexes instead of playing "granpa" Ferrara.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I agree Lucifuga, but in all honesty you should talk about Ferrara with more repsect, because he has been clearly the best Juve defender again this season.

Ferrara doing more than alright, and he's playing better individually than for instance Costacurta. By some margin. The only issue is that with Milan (or Roma) there's always an alien to take care of things when it looks sour. We don't ahve that alien quality, and everyone comes to look more mediocre. Naturally there's no "future" in Ferrara, but he'll most likely stay to become part of management, and he's an amazing presence in the dressing room. Off load the two others- sure, buy Mexés... brilliant, but Ferrara is not a problem to retain as long as he's not thought to be one of the first options.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
GaGa said:
And they lost...;)

Legrottaglie is the weak link in the defense...unfortunetly I don't think Moggi is up to admitting he made a mistake and he will remain I think...
Rediculous. Please notice that Legro played in all the BIG games. Those are the only ones we've lost. That's not to do with him as a person (although he was CRAP in some of them... like almost all the others too).

Legro wasn't bad yesterday. The match just went as bad as it could. Conceeded while dominating (and a dodgy goal it was), Seedorff killing it on a deflection... us havng to press forward and Milan breaking... us playing with SO many important players absent. It wasn't Legro's fault more than it was Buffon's, Thuram's or Tacchinardi'... or whoever.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Glen said:
Rediculous. Please notice that Legro played in all the BIG games. Those are the only ones we've lost. That's not to do with him as a person (although he was CRAP in some of them... like almost all the others too).

Legro wasn't bad yesterday. The match just went as bad as it could. Conceeded while dominating (and a dodgy goal it was), Seedorff killing it on a deflection... us havng to press forward and Milan breaking... us playing with SO many important players absent. It wasn't Legro's fault more than it was Buffon's, Thuram's or Tacchinardi'... or whoever.
The wink was decieving...

I wasn't putting the blame on Legro alone...there were 3 other defenders...but I do see him as a weak point in Juve's defense and not up to the task in strengthening the Juve defense...he's alright but certainly not up to what is needed if Juve are looking for a consistent and solid players in their defense. Juve will need to bring in some serious defenders in the summer...atleast 2-3 defenders. Maybe Moggi taking out his wallet and bringing Bonera and Ferrari...since a mass sale is very likely this summer at Parma.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think only ferrara can hold his head high this season. a player who is 37 years of age is showing the rest how it should be done.

legro hasnt been great, everyone knows this, but its not easy when you have montero and iuliano alongside you. on top of that, tacchinardi hasnt been so good this season either. the absence of davids in midfield has affected us in terms of helping out in the defensive department. appiah hasnt lived up to his name either. even thuram is struggling and that really says it all.

legrottaglie has joined juventus at a bad time. a declining period in their defensive unit. in fact, he joined at a stage where juve has to rebuild. i seriously dont blame our new signings this season for not performing well, players who have been around for many seasons are struggling themselves, it cannot be easy for the new comers. except maresca, but then again, he is freaking world class:D

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Legrottaglie is horrible on the pitch and out. Last night he said:
"Yes I did have some problems but I still think that Legrottaglie (talking in 3rd person?) is still an amazing player".
Ma vaffanculo legro sei una merda!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
seriously, i dont see any defender in the world playing 100% brilliantly if they were at juve right now. when a player like thuram struggles, who lets face it, has been one of the best defenders of the past decade, i dont see many others doing well.

falcao, in the euro, if legro does enter the field at one stage, playing alongside either nesta, cannavaro or ferrari, i bet he'll play well.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts