Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
36,123 Posts
Jesus Christ bono !!!

the word is "THE" not "teh" !!!

I've been itching to say this for months !!!

:) ;)

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
For the Dutch national team van der Vaart will most likely play as central midfielder in a 4-3-3 formation.

The player who will play left-half will be either Davids or Sneijder, and I'd give an outside chance to Cocu, but he'll probably play as central defender. I'd say Davids is the most likely player that will play left-half.

Left-winger can either be Overmars, Robben, or very maybe van Persie. van Persie hasn't played for Holland yet, but has played very well on this position for Feyenoord this season. However, I think it will be between Overmars and Robben in the end, with Robben getting the nod above Overmars because the Barcelona player stuggles to play 90 full minutes, and can be used for the last half an hour or something.

V

·
0 Posts
When you put a 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 you have to make your wingers the outside midfielders and the attacking midfielder second attacker. Then will the lift and the right midfielder play in the center.

So I am sure Davids will play left in the center midfield and Sneijder on the right. Snijder will have the more attacking roll and Davids the more controlling roll.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
In a 4-3-3, van Bommel and Davids will interchange between attacking and defending. Both are useful vacuum cleaners in the middle, and both have the capabilities to create an attack.
Sneijder also plays many games for Ajax as left-half, so I think it will be between Davids and him as to who plays on that position for Holland.
I'm not trying to be biased, but I am very convinced that when he's fit, van Bommel plays. When was he ever left out of the team when he was fit?

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
What the hell is this, Steven Gerrard has played once at LM for England against Turkey.He's Englands No1 holding midfielder !!! Beckham on the right, Scholes Am and Gerrard Central/Defensive.I demand Gerrard be in the holding midfielder poll.Joe Cole should have been in here.I dont blame you Luigi you can only go by what you are told.

M

·
0 Posts
How many games has Joe Cole played for England on the left? As far as I know - none. Now how many times has Gerrard played on the left - answer: Much more than what Joe Cole has. 2 Games against Turkey, a game against Slovakia and a friendly against Croatia. I think there are other games aswell but I'm not sure, but the fact is Sven's midfield has Gerrard on the left at the moment.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
since nedved is well ahead at this point, ill close the poll. a reminder to everybody that zidane will be in the central midfielder poll.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
M1ke said:
How many games has Joe Cole played for England on the left? As far as I know - none. Now how many times has Gerrard played on the left - answer: Much more than what Joe Cole has. 2 Games against Turkey, a game against Slovakia and a friendly against Croatia. I think there are other games aswell but I'm not sure, but the fact is Sven's midfield has Gerrard on the left at the moment.
Last game against Denmark Cole played on the left.Gerrard played on the left against Turkey in Sunderland and the Slovakia game.He will be playing Central midfield at Euro 2004.Therefore he should be in the central midfield poll.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts