Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van der Vaart

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Sorry Luigi but I don't think you can count Zidane as LM. I know Glen and Payman told you that he's the so called left winger but that doesn't count unless you are using the same scheme for this dream team. Zidane should be in the attacking midfielder role, period.:stuckup: Plus, I don't think Reyes is the starter for Spain, it's Vicente and whoever told you otherwise is wrong IMO. I think you should close this poll for the time being until we settle this out and then start it again.

But that's just my opinion and that's not going to change who I'm voting for anyway in this poll, it's definately NEDVED for me. But I ain't voting just yet.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well we cant expect the polls to be perfect. we have to wing it a bit and fit things into a 4-4-2 formation. about reyes, a few spaniards i know in real life are pretty high on him so i put him in.

you have to understand that everybody has their own opinion and we wont come to a consensus on who should be where. its just not practical to go back and forth.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Yes I know that each has his own opinion but putting Zidane in the left wing poll is..erm.. wrong don't you think? I think I'm pretty sure even Glen and Payman(the ones who told you about it) would agree with me on this.

As for Reyes/Vicente will I think Vicente's chances are higher but I'll leave that to the Spaniards.

Another thing, Van der Vaart should also be in the attacking midfielder poll and Overmars in this one.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the thread with the lineups has been there long enough for you to have stated your opinions. the sole purpose of the thread was so that we could avoid these situations.

the poll stays the way it is. dont take this the wrong way, but if you dont like it you dont have to participate.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
I know that it's been there for a while and that I should've said this there but I really didn't expect such mistakes in the polls but anyway, no hard feelings from my side and I respect your decision.

I voted for Nedved! :cool:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I went for Nedved ahead of Zidane and Van der Vaart. The only thing is that I think all 3 of these players are really attacking midfielders instead of left wings.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Well... that's the unfortunate thing about such teams.... when they have to match a certain system pre-fixed system.

I have to vote for Nedved based on his form over the past 18 months, but I do think any team without Zidane would be odd :( .

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
Jacques_Terrac said:
why laugh at this? If you'd seen him play for Croatia lately you wouldn't. His has a better left foot than most...

I voted Zizou because he's one of the two best players to ever play the game, the other being that pistol packing drug addict Maradona :)

·
©
7,230 Posts
I would pick Nedved even if that is not his position at Juve.

Del Piero? Since when is he a midfielder at all let alone a left one?:confused:

You should have played a 3-6-1 formation so that we can put in 3 number 10's in the line up.:D

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Since there are many who feel Zidane should be classified as a central midfielder, and I had a bit to do with putting him on the left... just an explanation. I too see Zidane as the archtypical number 10, but I just don't think either of his teams are really playing him like that now a days. Not like France did before Pires got into the lineup for real, and especially not like Juve did post 98.

Real Madrid: 4-4-2
France 4-4-2

... but neither of them traditional 4-4-2 systems.

Real Madrid defending:

--Zizou-----------------Figo
-----Helguera---Beckham

Real Madrid attacking:
*=free role

--------------Ronaldo
---------Raul*
--^-----Zizou*>------------Figo*
Carlos--------Beckham-------^-
----------Helguera----------Salgado

France defending:

Zizou------------------Pires
--------Makelele--Vieira

France attacking:

-----------Trez
--Henry*
---------Zidane*-------Pires*
-^-------------Vieira----^-
Liza---Makele--------Thuram

Given that France play a kind of 4-4-2 and logic would ahve Zidane, Pires, Vieira and Makelele there... Zidane would pretty much ahve to be put as a winger... even if it wouldn't be telling the full story. In my opinion.

With Nedved on the other hand- he is playing as a number 10 positionally with Juve... but in the NT he's a left midfielder... with freedom to roam... as Rosicky is the central playmaking midfielder.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
Really? What is he like there?

I haven't seen Italy's last few games so I guess I shouldn't have spoke so quickly. I apologise.;)
You are sort of justified though, as this has coincided with Totti being absent (happened once in a qualifier when DP shone) or has been another formation (4-2-3-1) like against Germany in the friendly.

But it's very unlikley that it will happen in Portugal I think, and it's good the same because if DP were to actually play left mid consistently in a tournament- he'd most likely fail, as it's SO not his position.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
del piero probably wont play on the left but like glen says, hes done it recently. in all honesty we dont know how well line up in portugal and i only put dp in to appease some people. if i had my way he wouldnt even be on the bench. but we wont get into that;-)

jacques terrac, dont be starting another croatian bashing parade. rapaic is a fine player in his own right, not good enough to win the poll but a fine player. and since you voted for a joke of a keeper like barthez (who at his best couldnt tie buffons shoes) you should be the last guy laughing at anybody.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts