Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think that a left foot player is indispensable in a squad?
i ask it because apparently, domenech, the french manager, seems to not care about it.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Ashley Cole.

about France, not only is Gallas not left footed but he's not a wide man either really, so you are definitely not going to get proper width when Dhorasoo plays in front.

perhaps Rothen or Berthold or others are the wrong starsign ? :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Arsenal have loads of left footed players, it's quite astonishing really. Although most of them are able to use both feet so it doesn't matter a whole lot.

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe, maybe they are scorpio:D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
mali said:
hehe, maybe they are scorpio:D
Rothen probably is, Domenech wouldn't want him and Pedretti fighting.

Berthold and Clichy are both probably Leo's like Silvestre, never pick a show off Leo as a defender, that's the number 1 rule of football management. :pp

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Talking of left foots...

Xabi Alonso (right footed) at the start of the season launched a left footed pass with the outisde of his foot 45 yards perfectly onto the foot of John Arne Riise who then fired into the net. Now not many people can do that with there best foot never mind there weak one.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
It's kind of weird how these big nations don't have any left footed players in their squads. As a small nation (obviously we aren't as strong as France or England) but in the starting line up expected against Spain there will probably be 5 left footed players in the side.

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
Dusan_UK said:
It's kind of weird how these big nations don't have any left footed players in their squads. As a small nation (obviously we aren't as strong as France or England) but in the starting line up expected against Spain there will probably be 5 left footed players in the side.
In holland, the NT always tries to have at least one left footer per line...They really select players based on this criterium... I don't know if it helps, but it could widen up the passing range...

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
It's got to give more balance to a side. Especially at full back and winger positions, with a right footed player playing on that side, he will almost always try to go inside. Of course it's best to be able to use both feet but so few footballers seem to be able to that lately.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
City definately looked poorer without a left-footer on the wing. Since Kiki has arrived we've looked more balanced. So to your question I'd definately say yes. Right footers on the left are not good enough.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Well it all depends on the player, Zidane usually starts from the left, Figo and C. Ronaldo aren't too bad but it depends how good the left foot is as well. An example is when Duff is on the right for Chelsea, his right foot is shocking, some guys can pull it off though.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
I think a good balanbce in the team is needed. In the centre and certainly on the left. letting players play against their foot almost never works (and that "almost", is only put there to prevent Glen and the other Juve-fans from starting to ramble on about Zambrotta :D).

·
Registered
342 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
blimey even England NT have one left footer :eekani:
Stewart Downing doesn't play for the NT?

And about a Left foot player, I think is it necessary. It is not the same for a right foot to center a ball in the left band than a left foot.
And in the defence (left side) I think it is almost indispensable to have a left foot. It wouldn't be the same if players like Maldini, Roberto Calros, Gio, Heinze, Del horno etc.. played in the right side IMO.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
i think that there must atleast be 1 left footed player in the squad, like vicente, giggs, nedved, a.cole, carlos, robben, etc...

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I agree, left food is good to have. when I play, I get goals by shooting with my left when they forget that I am left footed (indoor) Also in outdoor I give lovely crosses from the left. I would think that you would need a quality left footer when using wingers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts