Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I really believe Simic has to be on the field. Having him nullifies any teams big strikers. He is that good of a man marker. Therefore I voted for him, and all the while frees up Jarni to take a more of an attack position. Rapa will be the odd man out.

Zivkovic, Simunic, Tudor, Simic.

Not too shabby eh?

·
Registered
36,169 Posts
woa, hold on there Tiger. Simic gets my vote, but Simunic will be a regular in the Euro 2004 qualifiers, unless he makes a HUGE impact between now and June

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
I like jarni and his speed on the left side. He can utilize it to make his famous overlapping runs...just like he did for that goal against Germany in 98. He may be a bit older, and may have lost a step, but even now he can run with the best of them.

Unless, you'd want to move him up to the midfield and that would be fine too.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I voted Simic but only because I want to put Jarni in the left midfield position. It might mean Rapa watches from the bench of comes in for Jarni at the 60-65 min mark.

Or maybe he could be the ont to take out Prosinecki. God love him, but Proki can't play against world class competition for more than 2/3 of the game.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I voted for Simic as well just because i perfer Jarni at left mid then at left back. Simic has done the job before us at Left back and he can do it again for many more years to come :) \

I gotta agree with u Baraba when Prosinecki gets substituted after say 65-70 mins Rapa is the leading candidate in my opinion to replace him at playmaker.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I included Simunic because he's young. R. Kovac will definitely start but with the other young lads it looks oh so bright.

What about Seric as a backup for the position?

·
©
7,230 Posts
Simic because that is the only place where he can play. With R Kovac on the right side of defence and Tudor in the middle it would complete a world class defence. Jarni and Rapajic are wingers. I think that soon Ante Seric and Simunic will be making claims for a place in the team. Two Aussies!!:D

·
Registered
36,169 Posts
well look at this, I finally got a mate from Melbourne here. Didn't notice that dinamo11, sweet. Now us, and Placebo and TJK can all gang up on these darbed yanks and canadians :)

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Ero

haha gang up on anyone you want but ja sam Hrvat prije svega so i guess i dont fall into the "darned yanks and canadians" category!;)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Simic wiped the floor with Jarni:D

I'd have preferred to have seen Simic win the previous poll and play at the right, rather than Zivkovic who I really only rate as a utility player.

Anyhow, might as well move on with the next poll.

·
Registered
36,169 Posts
Tommy,

you know I'm only kiding ;)

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Of course i knew you were kiding ;)

I should also say that Crocoyote and Marz are 2 other croats that live in Australia that we forgot to mention :doh:

Soon us Cro's in Australia will be taking over this board ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts