Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the probable sale of Dorado and Roberto Carlos being absent till October due to playing in the olympics who is gonna fill in the left back role. I have heard no speculation about any left backs joining. Cambiasso can play the role but it's not his favoured or more importantly his best position. We probably need cover.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is RC playing in the Olympics? I thought it was generally the sub-21s who play or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
That doesn't mean Robereto Carlos will be one of them! In fact I'm pretty sure Real can ask for some dispense, as we are in fact the biggest team in the world, and it would be unfair to take our player, for such a lengthy time. We have to rememrber soccer isn't all that important at the Olympics and players , like RC won't take it all that seriously I think:)

But I have said a number of times Robert Jarni is our solution to all the problems...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also read that Brazil might take Roberto Carlos to Sydney. And if it were solely up to Roberto Carlos, he'd go because he'd never say no to a call-up from Brazil. I don't think Sanz would be too keen on allowing that, though. And I'm pretty sure he can convince the Brazilians to not take Roberto Carlos to Sydney and give a chance instead to Athirson, Felipe or whoever.

P.S.
About Robert Jarni, as I know it, the club agreed with Jarni to terminate his contract and he then signed up for Las Palmas, managed by a former manager of his. Admittedly though, the net is my only source of team news so I may be mistaken.

[Edited by dwMB on 10-06-2000 at 05:18]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts