Xtratime Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought id create a thread for good luck before i go.

Good Luck grayson and hope we win.

COME ON LEEDS!!!!

A LATE MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE LEEDS FANS ON HERE ASWELL :thumbsup:

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
I haven't been online since Christmas Day, so it's only today I had the the chance to reflect on the game.

We did the bare minimum and hoping we could get away with it, which we didn't. Had we stepped up a gear like we did against Posh I'm confident we would have taken all 3 points.

You could see Leeds were down and lacking confidence and you didn't really turn up for the game apart from the last 15 minutes or so where you put us on pressure.

I think you have ability in that squad but merely lacking self-confidence, so I reckon Larry will get you in top 6 come May - You need to purchase some defenders though, that's for sure.

As for us, 6 wins in a row came to an end, so now we just have start another 6 game winning streak. :) Starting today at home to Hereford.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
La_fa, do you agree with me now that Alan Sheehan is a massive liability? ;)

I saw the goals you conceded against Carlisle and in my humble opinion he was at fault for both goals - He just didn't look bothered for the first and out of his depth for the second.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
So we meet again on Monday 12.15 kick off. ;)

We could potentially be officially promoted by Monday evening if things go to plan.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jibril I havent looked in this forum for ages, dont really come on XT that much.

But anywa, totally agree on Sheehan. Happy to admit it, lived off 1 goal vs Donny last year and made his Leeds career from it. He really was a liability evrey time i saw him. Ben Parker has improved a lot now and looks to have cemented his place as his own, which is good seen as he is a home-grown talent.

Congrats on your title by the way. Definitely deserved and the most consistent side in the league. Pisses me off how well we played against you defensively, because thats the thing that has let us down this season and is the difference between both of us celebrating automatic.

Anyway, congrats.

Ill say 2 things on the shhh now... I actually really fancy us for the play offs and i think youll come back down if you dont strengthen up! relying on Matty Fry-up for the goals next year wont work as he is shit in the championship as you probably well know.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Just think about the silly games you lost to Hereford, Huddersfield et al and all those tinpot clubs, had you won them you'd be sitting pretty in an automatic promotion spot. Larry arrived a wee bit too late I guess. :) I hope you win the play offs and come up with us.

Yeah, most of us are actually sceptical about Matty Fryatt in the Championship. I sure as hell hope we get 2 new strikers, cos I don't trust neither Howard nor Fryatt to keep us mid table ish.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Larry obviously did come a bit too late which is a real shame. On the positive im glad we got him in when we did as some where saying Gary Mac deserved longer.

Looks to be a good precedent with all 3 promoted teams looking like theyll stay up in the championship this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts