Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow Leeds managed to get El Loco to come manage this garbage fire of a club. I suppose after the Lille debacle, Bielsa needed a makeover too and agreed to do this.

How will this workout? Will Bielsa change English football at this level for good? Or will he flame out like he has at most of his recent jobs clashing with everyone in sight when things start going wrong. More likely a supernova level garbage fire is in the works.

Or will Bielsa win back to back divisions and lead Leeds to a PL vic.. :D. Fine it's too ridiculous to even type out.

But IMO it's the most watchable football story in Europe right now, where most of the big leagues are puke now.

PS: Don't move this to the Leeds forum where threads go to die.

·
Registered
68,987 Posts
Probably top of the table at New Year before the eventual collapse outside the playoff spots, but they looked good in their opened and not watching today but smashing Derby away is some result

·
MVP
8,982 Posts
They're seriously looking good so far. I think they will be back in the EPL.

His interviews are really something, though. :howler:

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Bielsa is not necessarily the guy I'd managing my team (at least these days) but he makes all kinds of teams worth watching. Really a guy that adds something to football.

The interviews were already awkward enough in his native language as he sort of avoids eye contact, then with the translator, and now with the trying to speak just repeating the translator it's just hilarious. Can't fault him in terms of effort.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,431 Posts
I will always call him Bie-POLAR. Somehow he walks aways from problems without facing them and or resolving them..And watch out , he only wants young players that can learn how to kiss his culo..He loves that.

If I was a father and my lad was under him, I'd ask my Son to tape all converations with him. Another weird arggie out there loose in the world..

·
Registered
57,633 Posts
Hopefully they return to the Premiership soon. The names they had... Ferdinand, Radebe, Hart, Viduka, Bowyer, Kewell, Hasselbaink..

·
Registered
43,498 Posts
Hopefully they return to the Premiership soon. The names they had... Ferdinand, Radebe, Hart, Viduka, Bowyer, Kewell, Hasselbaink..
Come on, dude. What about Keane and Dacourt?

Cantona too if you go back.

·
Registered
43,498 Posts
Yeah, I was just going to post about AC's Leeds fandom. :D And that nutter we had called lafaidabelo or something? I think he changed his name to Est1975.

I thought he's Milan more than any other club though? :hmm:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
57,633 Posts
Fcukin Dacourt.
Dacourt was pretty good for us for a season then got an ACL injury. Solid signing - Especially as we got him after his contract with Roma ran out so paid no transfer fee.

·
Registered
43,498 Posts

·
Registered
57,633 Posts
Yeah but you probably rate Jeremy Brechet as well.
Brechet didn't play much at Inter. Honestly I barely remember him. Not a good thing for a player... Cuper getting fired probably didn't help him.

Any Inter fan will tell you that Dacourt was solid for us though.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts