Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
All seems fine and well.

1 small detail though. Leeds altrhough having some big matches with Liverpool in the past and near past, arent really counted as a big rival of Leeds'.

If you ask most fans. Their hatred will be of team Man United (as youve listed) and Chelsea. Other minor rivals include teams like Sheff Utd, Cardiff and probably Millwall.

Chelsea > Liverpool in terms of rivals though, although in recent times we havent played eachother, but when we do, its ussually a rough affair.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks much. I have updated it to replace Liverpool with Chelsea as a main rival.

Another question. I have started adding lists of supporters groups for each team. Any important supporters groups for Leeds that I could include?

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
1 small detail though. Leeds altrhough having some big matches with Liverpool in the past and near past, arent really counted as a big rival of Leeds'.
Just to add a bit from an oldie like me, quite a few of us actually admire Pool and the way the club has been run over the years, unlike ours unfortunately. Also they are deadly rivals of ManU and another little fact, which is useful, is that we have won the title three times and each time (yes each time :eekani:) it has been won at Anfield; two of those times we weren't even playing it was just thanks to Liverpool turning up and beating our rivals.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Yeah, too young to remember them though :D

There will have been trouble with Liverpool before, but because of the joint hatred of Man United, I dont think its to an extent of the Chelsea rivalry.

As for supporters groups.

Pfft... Not really an English thing if you mean it like i think you do (i.e Ultras) because we just break out into violence.

There is the Leeds United Supporters club, but there is an ongoing battle between them and the club. The Supporters club used to be massive (and still has its fair share) but joining them no longer allows you to get tickets. Since Bates came in he basically set up his own supporters club.. Where you apply to get away tickets and get other priorites (as a normal supporters club would).

We arent really known for our supporters groups though, theyve certainly lost power now with the arrival of Bates etc a few years back.Were more associated with hooliganism (which explains our far reaching rivalries to some extent), the LSC been the main group, but thats another story.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the background (both on Leeds/Liverpool and the supporters). I was thinking of both ultra groups and also things like supporters trusts or other independent supporters groups. I'm not really thinking of including official supporters clubs with direct links to the club but then if that's how most of the fan base is organized then I might as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts