Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it hadn't been Spurs I'd have said away win but you never know with us :eek:

Leeds are always a tough nut to crack at home and our away record hasnt been good for the last couple of seasons. Still I got hope and Í'm confident that we could manage to get a draw.

I won't go for a win since I've done that too often (alas)

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEAH!!!!!!!!:happy: :happy:

KEANO!!! KEANO KEANOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Heard the game on the radio. There were some tense moments at the end of the game (2 Leeds corners in the dying moments, one where Keller dropped the ball, made me chatter my teeth :eek: ) but we honestly should have won it more comfortably. Heard that we passed well throughout the game. Looking forward to the highlights and yes the Spurs CD is being played right now :D I almost know the words by heart now :eek:

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
£30 better off this morning, courtesy of a die hard Leeds colleague... He was so confident, he gave 6/4 on a £20 bet... What a nice guy :happy:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Keller's warning

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 12/1/2004

KASEY KELLER has warned Tottenham they must maintain the high standards they have set themselves for the past three matches......

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Keller's warning
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

KASEY KELLER has warned Tottenham they must maintain the high standards they have set themselves for the past three matches.

Robbie Keane's goal in the 1-0 victory at Leeds on Saturday lifted Spurs to 13th in the table.

But United States goalkeeper Keller believes it is just as easy to finish sixth this season as it is to end up in the bottom three.

He insists the good work must continue or there will soon be relegation storm clouds on the horizon again.

"It is amazing the away the league is set up right now," he told the official Spurs website.

''A couple of wins and it's a whole different ball game, a couple of losses and you're back in it.

"What we have to do is concentrate on is not going on a bad run for the rest of the season. If we can get a good points average from games, with good home form, we will see this season off fine.

"The way it is now you are always looking over your shoulder, Aston Villa lost, have 27 points and they were in sixth place at the beginning of the week. It's a bit tricky.

''The key is not to go on a bad run - if you lose a game you must tie a game or win the next one. If you can do that you will find yourself in a decent position - or find yourself in that final Euro spot the way things are going this year.''

:D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Keane on win

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 12/1/2004

ROBBIE KEANE had no qualms about pushing former club Leeds closer to their Nationwide nightmare. But after lifting the relegation...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Keane on win
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

ROBBIE KEANE had no qualms about pushing former club Leeds closer to their Nationwide nightmare.

But after lifting the relegation worries at Spurs the Republic of Ireland international expressed his desire for his old side to beat the drop.

Keane declined to celebrate with his trademark somersault after hitting the only goal of the game.

And he also refused to celebrate earlier in the season when scoring against ex-outfits Coventry and Wolves.

He explained: "My job is to score goals for Spurs. It doesn't matter who they are against. I am glad we got the win because we haven't been playing as well as we can. Hopefully, we can kick-on from here.

"We know how easy it is slip back down if we lose the next few games. I still have a lot of friends in Leeds and I am very surprised where they are in the league.

"But they allowed a lot of players to go suddenly and you can't expect to be up there challenging for things after that.

''They have still got a lot of quality players, though, and there is no reason why they can't pull away from the bottom.

"It is so close down there and it will be tough for them but I really hope they get out of it. It wasn't nice being in the bottom three but it was only a matter of time before we turned it round with the players we have."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts