Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leeds United have closed in on Liverpool for the challenge for a Champions' League place with a 3-0 win at Sheffield Wednesday. Dave Hopkins, Michael Bridges and Harry Kewell scored in an effortless victory for the Yorkshire team, and Leeds are only two points behind Liverpool with three games remaining.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Great 4th place. I tell you what that would not surprise me at all the way I feel right now. :( :( :(

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Can't help it, I love the team but at the moment de ja vu seems to be in operation.

X

·
0 Posts
we should at least secure the 3rd spot now..
only the game v/s bradford seems the hardest cos now they have a real chance to stay in premiership after they defeated the dons..

leicester and southampton have nothing to win or lose...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't be optimistic now. Leicester did the double against us last season (both 1-0).

In fact they have not lost at Anfield since they got promoted. Two wins and two draws... not that great record for Liverpool eh?

Can anyone remember there was a season that Liverpool were first, then dropped to second and remained there right till the last day, when they finally finished 3rd and lost a CL place (that was when 3rd place still could not warrant a CL place)?

Is it happening again, Pool!!! God save us!!!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
That is the season that I'm getting the de ja vu over. We lost on the last day against Wimbledon 2-1 (when Owen got his first goal on his debut for the pool). Listen I love the team and will think that Gh has done a class job even if we lose them all (be very depressed though). With the squad we have and the injuries surely next season will see us more threatening (not title material but challengers). GH says 2 years and that is the very least he deserves.
I also agree with LFC in that Gerrad should not start for England, he looked tired on Saturday and was taken off after 60 mins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts