Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we are going into this game demoralised after that magpie loss.... and it is no secret that if we plan on getting the epl then we NEED to win this game...
Now some big news: Ferdinand may be coming back to play this game!! Great news... he is definitely needed. I have doubts though... what if he is rushing, and gets injured even more in the upcoming game?? The Arsenal-Leeds games are always rough:(
Anyway, Rio is the only change in our injury list, and unfortunatly Smith has been banned too:mad: And as much as we badly need a win, Arsenal's away record has been impecible so this will be an extremely difficult game.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Tough game indeed,but i think Leeds can do it:).They have the players there to match Arsenal and with Leeds being at Home it should be a bit eazier:).

I'm hoping Leeds win so they can keep the pressure on but maybe a draw will be statifactory with alot of injuires the Leeds Team is suffering at the moment:(.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I'm hoping Leeds win so they can keep the pressure on but maybe a draw will be statifactory with alot of injuires the Leeds Team is suffering at the moment.
Very true...:depress: I would say even a goal down loss would be a satisfactory result, but it aint gonna happen!:tongue: :devil:

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Final: 1-1
The Fowler goal amounts to nothing after Pires equalises. I didn't see the game so I can't really comment much on it, but I think a tie against a good team like arsenal when we are missing some key players is a fairly good result. It will be a harder trek to the top, but we can still manage it:)
I'm sure Matt will be in here soon to give his full report, since he was AT the game....:mad:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
It's just to bad Leeds Drew with Arsenal:(.They could of taken 3 points and only if Leeds just took advantage after getting the lead from a lovely header from Robbie Fowler:(.

But i guess getting 4 points from Arsenal this season is pretty good and any team would be happy to take that off Arsenal:).

Leeds still in the race it's not over till the FAT LADY sings!:)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Leeds still in the race it's not over till the FAT LADY sings!
It's not over till Margret Thatcher sings!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Pires walked the ball into the net, said O'Leary. I think we deserved the win but the draw was fair looking at our injuries. Viduka might have to face the FA because of an off the ball incodent with Keown. Last time they played Keown elbowed Viduka off the ball and was fined 10, 000 pounds and got a one match fine.Now he wants his share...:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts