Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leeds United Chairman Peter Ridsdale said he hopes to sign Lens's French midfielder
Olivier Dacourt by the end of the month, one of several imminent arrivals at the English Premiership club.

Dacourt, 25, played in the Premiership with Everton in the 1998-99 season before moving back to France. He's targeted a
return to England in recent months, when Leeds has been regularly linked with the player.
``Our interest in Olivier is well documented, and we'll be doing everything we can to capture his signature,'' Ridsdale
said, adding that other signings could be completed. ``We will beannouncing the new arrivals in the next week or two and they will all be major players.''

Dacourt wouldn't comment on reports he was in England on Monday, and he was in contact with Leeds. ``We're moving forward,'' Dacourt said. ``Leeds is a big club and I always said I wanted to play in England again.''

Lens, which lost to England's Arsenal in the semifinals of the UEFA Cup two weeks ago, has Dacourt under contract for another three years. If he left, the northern French club would expect to make a profit on the 6 million pounds ($9.3 million) it
paid Everton almost 12 months ago. Leeds isn't the only club chasing the player, Lens Sports Director Jean-Luc Arribart said
``Leeds and another English club whose name I can't reveal have been in contact regarding Dacourt,'' Arribart said. ``We
don't deny the interest English clubs have in Olivier or his apparent fondness for English football.''

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The other English club is Newcastle, but Bobby Robson says that the player has already decided to sign for Leeds.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Good, that's a good move for Oleary, because i think Leeds need more players that can handle the CL or other european matches, since they dont have the class or money to attract the super stars, they target the youngsters and develop them , i hope leeds would steal the title from ManU next season

1 - 3 of 3 Posts