Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One could hardly draw up a more entertaining match than Lecce-Roma, which will be played on Wednesday this week in Lecce.
What you have here is two very offensive-minded clubs, Zemen vs. Del Neri, two poor defenses prone to error and two clubs that desperately need a victory. It all adds up to a match you don't want to miss, a Serie A bomber match.
Roma's at 33 points right now and the ritorno is going as good as we could have expected. Udinese is faltering at the very time we are rising. But there are warning signs on the road to recovery. Our defense tends to allow very stupid early goals recently, and as RF53 pointed out, we are forced into a maniac-type of offensive onslaught to try to make it back. It just ain't gonna happen all the time (tho we're pretty damn good at comebacks this year!).
With a shorter period of rest this week, do you think we should rest any starters? We return to Olimipco on Sunday to play a tough Bologna club. There really are no breaks in this league.
Lecce's defense is very weak, and I expect Roma to bomb them with about 3-4 goals. :thmbup: :star: :jester:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
We have to play with the strongest squad.The players have to grow together to a unity as much as possibile.
Hopefully our goalkeeper(whoever it will be), Aquilani and Ferrari catch a much better day.

Forza Roma!
Forza Brescia! :D

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Primo said:
One could hardly draw up a more entertaining match than Lecce-Roma
Absolutely, but in spite of that, eurosport have decided, yet again, to show Juventus :yawn:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
i probably wouldn't wanna watch it, even if they show it on any channel.
it's going so well lately when i listen to the games on radio. :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
il_principe from the ratings given by everyone Aquilani did not play so bad on sunday. He was just taken off for a tactical decision which was indeed a correct tactical decision as Mancini would have given us width. Anyway, Ferrari and Aquilani should be on the bench for this match and Zotti should be given one more chance, despite hte mistake I feel more confidence in him at the moment than in Ivan!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Bojinov has gone Fiorentina it seems, massive transfer!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
That will help us immensly but they still have a lot of good strikers. It will be a tough game I expect our defence to be on better form and all in all better than Lecce's but we will see.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Deano said:
Bojinov has gone Fiorentina it seems, massive transfer!
Who would of expected that, i always thought he'll only leave for a great side, like Roma :)

And the way Lecce is playing, its hard to believe our team will succeed in keeping a clean sheet. So our tridente will have to score, and i have no doubt they will.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Fiorentina will be succesful in future years, and with Bojinov only being 18 he has time! Fiorentina arguably have more potential than us, especially in terms of money...

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Lecce seems to be improving a lot in the defense recently.. they conceded only 4 goals in their last 4 games (less than us!)

i think we should start Aquilani in the right MF and use Mancini as sub only when we need him.. it's nice to have a winning card on your bench something we didn't have earlier this season due to our obvious lack of depth.. beside i think Mancini need more rest to get the best out of him..

what about Perotta is he ready?
very tough game i expect a high scoring draw.

my team:

Zotti

Panucci Dellas Mexes Cufre

Aquilani Dacourt Derossi

Totti
Cassano Montella

·
Registered
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*Subtle reminder for all players to place their predictions ahead of Wed's match. ;) :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I expect a 1-1 draw....can't ask for more considering we don't have a bench and the players gave their all on Sunday. I expect them to be extremely tired tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We need to avoid yellow cards this game. Last match, we received like 5, many to very important players like Totti. Injuries and cards could kill our dream.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Cufre' is injured so Gazzetta has us looking like this:

(4-2-3-1)

----------------Zotti-----------------

Panucci----Dellas-----Mexes----Ferrari

-------Dacourt-------De Rossi--------

---Mancini------Totti------Cassano---

--------------Montella---------------

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
With Bojinov out, Lecce is still gonna be dangerous but not as much IMO. I think we can win this match given that Zeman and defence are two completely opposite things, yet, we need to watch out for Konan and Vucinic who are great strikers.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I expect the players to be quite tired now and I have the bad feeling our luck is about to change so I am quite pessimistic for this game. Hopefully the team will prove me wrong. Too bad I won't be able to watch the game, should be a good one.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Luigi Del Neri is trying to out-attack Zdenek Zeman with plans for a 4-2-4 system when Roma visit Lecce tomorrow evening.

“Amantino Mancini has done some extraordinary things and I believe a Coach must make the most of his players,” commented the Giallorossi tactician. “This is why I can tell you that I like the idea of a 4-2-4 system for this side.”

---

Well, Mancini will start and 4-2-4 can be understood as 4-2-3-1, i guess. It seems we'll see lot of goals and attacking entertaining game which is the point of whole football, great!

Forza Roma! :kiss:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts