Xtratime Community banner

221 - 240 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
In terms of overall play, probably a fair result. But their goal was fortunate and Bonaventura was unfortunate to hit the post.

Backline of Calabria, Kjaer, Gabbia and Laxalt did pretty well (Kjaer once again rock solid, what a signing he has been). But with a full strength eleven we would have won this IMO, as the difference between Biglia and Bennacer is significant.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Kjær had Zapata covered pretty much all game. Fair result. We were pretty good all things considered. Beside Biglia most players did alright. Kessie was actually pretty immense in midfield even without Bennacer.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Did I see Seedorf or Kessie.
Hakan is Costa.

The defense is holding well with Laxalt and Calabria. I was expecting either one or both will be mock after the match

Gabbia deserve some credit for a young lad. Glad he is not being focus by the media.

Base foundation is set, this team will be get better if we manage to bring in the right players.
Looking forward for the upcoming mercato...2 matches more!

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Kessie what an improvement. In this form I wouldn't exchange him even for Kante ;)

Kjaer another great performance without any mistake. Sell all the rest of our crappy defenders of course bar Roma and get a good one to compete with these two.

Hakan had a good game overall, still not fully convinced on him but he is making a good case for himself ;)

The rest did ok, bar Biglia and Alexis. Biglia is the worst while Alexis is at least a runner which is needed with Ibra in the team.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Saelermaekers' workrate and movement were decent. He struggled to find space in the first half, but in the second with several substitutions, the game shifted and there were a few occasions where his efforts had more of an effect. Unfortunate he didn't score on the one big chance he had.

Although he has had a solid impact since arriving I think the right midfield position is one where we need to add some quality. Saelermaekers would be a nice Thursday evening Europa League option, but for Serie A we need someone better. Castillejo is not that guy.

Pioli's post-match comments about Leao are promising. He really sees huge potential there. Hope that's a sign we keep him. Again, he would be an ideal EL option. His pace is frightening, and I am sure we will see occasions where he does frustrate with the wrong move, but others where his dribbling combined with pace will murder defenders. He needs time to develop though, and not just a single season IMO.

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Roma got a nice ticket to 5th with the penalties, I only saw the second and I think it was silly, a gift.

·
Registered
45,011 Posts
The pattern on the black is great. Should retain that for future editions.

Put this in your "laugh at Inter thread":

Away shirt takes the cake.

Reactions: Rodriguez

·
Scudetto
23,376 Posts

Inter shirts of recent years with the weird curves on the stripes are just terrible.

The third immediately reminded me of Ronaldo.

·
Registered
45,011 Posts
Good spot. It's a throwback to our 3rd kit for the UEFA Cup in 97/98...when we had Ronaldo.

This one comes with a blue priest collar though...

·
Registered
8,928 Posts

Your home and away look like horse racing jockey jersey
Remind me of my cousin.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Agreed with Fird that the pattern on the black looks good. I wonder if it a typically Emirati design? Or maybe has nothing to do with them and just something Puma came up with.

Would have preferred the sponsor logo to be 'Fly Emirates' like it is with the current jersey, instead of this 'fly better'.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
The patterns have to do with Duomo's interior design or something.

Yea, I miss Adidas but mostly because that would mean we are successful again, as most of their shirt designs were terrible :)

Weird how bad of a job Nike is doing with Inters shirts... Even though every Inter shirt looks ugly to me :D

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Ah yes, that makes sense. Still, when I look at the pattern it reminds me more of something you might see in a Dubai hotel.

·
Registered
45,011 Posts
The Inter forum boys think the away shirt looks like a tablecloth, lol.

221 - 240 of 289 Posts