Xtratime Community banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Skriniar was moving very gingerly at times and was always at least half a step off his usual pace. Looked like he was playing under discomfort and was carrying some kind of injury.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Btw, we were very naive in terms of our attack and may well have scored more if Sensi (and later Alexis) didn't choke up the space behind the strikers. Normally, the forward runs would go into this space, defenders would be forced to come out and the ball would be released to our strikers. But we did Lecce's job for them by walking into the space and letting their defence deal with the strikers and the midfielder in question as one solid piece.

I thought that Lecce attacking us would open up spaces and allow us more opportunities but we ended up allowing them to get back into position and repeated the same process of walking casually into their defensive line.

It's not that Conte wasn't aware of this...he had a go at Sensi for the same reasons. That said, even if Sensi adjusted, the rest of the team had to adjust accordingly. And I think it was too late to make those arrangements as the team wasn't prepped to overcome this sort of obstacle. Ordinarily, they shouldn't need to be as the attacking instincts and smell of blood in the water should be enough, I suppose. But after Brozo's chances, maybe a lot of that was lost too.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts