·
Registered
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
This looks winnable now for Lecce

·
Registered
23,667 Posts
I'd take Candreva or Biraghi off. Both have been rather poor. Get Alexis on.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Wanted to see Alexis, too bad Conte did not use him today

·
Registered
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Disgraceful performance

·
Registered
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just hand Juve the title now.

The winter implosion starts right on cue. Pathetic.

·
Registered
23,667 Posts
It's not like this team is finished yet, there still has to be improvements made (especially in the wide positions). I didn't expect Inter to challenge Juve for the Scudetto this season anyway.

We should comfortably reach 2-3 position, which is about what I would have expected.

This performance was dire though.

·
Registered
45,036 Posts
So this did turn out to be our worst performance, lol.

Aside from Samir, Brozo and de Vrij, everyone was worse than mediocre.

·
Registered
45,036 Posts
It's not like this team is finished yet, there still has to be improvements made (especially in the wide positions). I didn't expect Inter to challenge Juve for the Scudetto this season anyway.

We should comfortably reach 2-3 position, which is about what I would have expected.

This performance was dire though.
I didn't expect a possible 2nd position before this season but it looked possible...over a week ago, lol. We don't look like we're getting 2nd now though. Lazio's right behind us and they have momentum while our recent form is dire.

Ashley Young, Victor Moses...come save us!!!

·
94,478 Posts
Left to do some pending chores in the backyard, I just came back and found out Alexis came on the 82nd minute..Didn't even get to see him, Conte needs to get him out there for longer tenures than 8 minutes+, if he expects better outings from him...

Juve is running away with another Scudetto !!!

·
Registered
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Well. what we do know is that Inter does this every single season.

Strong start, then complete meltdown in Jan/Feb.

It has started again.

2 diabolical performances, one after the other. I guess players are just tired, get a short break, and then can't find the motivation again to press like maniacs.

·
94,478 Posts
Great Point

·
Registered
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
And of course Juve win against Parma.

Amazing how Inter self-sabotages like his every January, basically killing off the season in the space of 2 or 3 games.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Heard Brozovic left the stadium in crutches! He is one of the most important players for Conte as he played all the time except when he was suspended.

Always bad when players get injured, hope he recovers.

·
Registered
59,331 Posts

Vaffanculo Giacomelli

This was in the first 20 minutes and VAR asked that piece of shit ref to view it.

·
Registered
45,036 Posts
Should have been an easy red. He didn't try to retract his foot even after the contact.

Well, I guess the ref sort of redeemed himself when he rightfully reversed the pen decision.

But 1/3 major decisions (incl. Lukaku's goal) isn't the best batting average.

·
Registered
59,331 Posts
Lukaku was all over the Lecce defender, that was a correct call.

But Lecce down to 10 for 70 minutes... Game changing decision.

·
Registered
59,331 Posts
I also blame red for this draw, him saying this should be an easy win tempted fate. ffs, never say we will win easily. Ever. Not even when we are leading 1-4 (Sassuolo away this season...)

Lecce held juve too after all, and coincidentally also Mancosu scored!

I wonder if Conte does any corner kick training btw? we had like 11-12 of them at Via del Mare ffs. It took Chelsea 1 corner kick in the CL final of 2012 to score and take the match to extra time in Munich. We made the CL due to scoring from a corner kick (Vecino v Lazio in 2018), so more focus needs to be made on corner kicks, especially as Godin, Skriniar and de vrij should be scoring from them due to their physicality.

People have been over hyping our defence but we have not kept a clean sheet in 2020 yet. Conceded 4 in 4, and they could have been 8-10 considering that Insigne, Malinkovskyi, Nainggolan and Falco hit Inter goal frames not to mention the Samir saves. Also, I don't think this team is mature enough yet

we led against Viola, then failed to protect the lead and they equalized.

Same scenario against Atalanta AND Lecce.

we are not learning, and same scenarios are being repeated.

I have defended Candreva a lot but I am glad he is banned for Cagliari, he literally cost us the last 2 draws with bad defending.

Forza Inter.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts