Xtratime Community banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Lebanon lost again yesterday.

Rahif Alameh, the Chief of the Leb FA admitted that these WC Qualifers are preparations for the Asian qualifiers; given that Lebanese football has been in limbo for a few years now due to the political situation. This was also supposed to be a "home" game but played in Riyadh, since when the game was originally scheduled I think the Saudi's (and Lebanese for that matter) feared Lebanon's political turmoil would worsen, come May.

Given the corrupt history of Rahif Alameh, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just bullshitting to buy time...and using this "we're preparing for Asian quals" as an excuse.

Now the team is off to Tashkent to play Uzbekistan. I wish for once we can at least *try* to win this. :rolleyes:

By the way, you Saudis have a brilliant player in Malek Moaath. Mashallah, he was amazing in the Asian Cup, and seriously gave our defense a good runaround last night.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Nejmeweh? :pp

FCMB I wanted to ask, any idea what happened to faree2 Al Bourj?

My cousin told me they went bankrupt, and changed their name? I can't seem to find any info on this...

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Thanks for that.

Is it updated often?

Berjeweh. :proud:

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
beat iran 1-0 today. how the fuk can lebanon still be in contention for WC qualification :)... we're talking about a country with an amateur league, bankrupt FA where fans aren't allowed to attend league games due to political reasons. most players have two jobs to make a living.

tied on 4 points with 2 other countries behind korea. 4 more games to play. its still possible

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
beat iran 1-0 today. how the fuk can lebanon still be in contention for WC qualification :)... we're talking about a country with an amateur league, bankrupt FA where fans aren't allowed to attend league games due to political reasons. most players have two jobs to make a living.

tied on 4 points with 2 other countries behind korea. 4 more games to play. its still possible
whatever u mentioned in ur post was back then ...yes you are right they were in that shitty stage once they came out from that civil war & its been 21 years things changed alot...

nowdays alot of players play abroad ...and im sure you know about their captian Reda Antar ( played in germany hamburg,friburg now in china) who scored the winning goal ...their heart & soul in the defence Youssef mohamed ( which he captianed koln the german team for 3 years )...
its a team sport so they play as a team & they play with heart thats why they get results ...had nothing to do with bad pitches,bankrput federation,no attandence at the games ...well Lebanese NT games there all sold out 60 000+ in the stands ...i can tell you 1 thing dont be surprised if Lebanon gets qualified for the world cup 2014...with over 8 million lebanese origins living in brazil witnessing history ...& ill make sure ill be there aswell...

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
in the end half of he lebanese team is banned for life from the game for selling both qualifier games to qatar. ridiculous country
Wtf was this confirmed?? :shakepalm:

:stress:

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Lebanon with a last chance to fight for second place.

Today they face Kuwait at 19.30 Kuwait time (20.30 UAE time).

Must win for us of we want to get 2nd place in the group. (4 out of 8 best second placed finishers will qualify to the next and final round)

Make us dream, boys. :hopeful:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts