Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm

to throw a game or not to throw a game :D

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
MOTS against top of the table in a battle for promotion. This is the last time my team will look like it does as I am undergoing huge changes for the future ;) Thanks to Lav who helped by telling me what I should do to build my team :happy:

Anyway, I'm 2 points below top of the table and I have my best IM on the market already. Highest bid is 110 000 euro. He will be sold on sunday for hopefully more than that :) If I manage to win this match I am not sure I will even get promotion as my midfield will be passable trainees ;) Wish me luck ;)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
2:1 loss, the jinx continues.

I tried a new tactic, playing with 2 central defenders and no wingback in order to stop his attack. Apart from that I had to use 352 with a winger towards middle, as my third striker was injured and his backup is in bad form.

This wasn't a bad idea at all IMO, and I took the lead in the first half, things looked rather good. But then he equalised, killed my Island International midfielder who is out for 5 weeks (!!!). He took the lead in the beginning of the second half and later on injured a winger, instead came a sub winger in poor form. To make it all worse, his keeper saved a penalty as well.

2-1 it finished, all those injuries definitely f*cked me over otherwise I could've gotten something out of this game.

Ratings.

F.C Haifa
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: outstanding

Midfield: world class
Right Side Defence: world class
Central Defence: titanic
Left Side Defence: magnificent
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: magnificent
Left Side Attack: solid

Beitar
Player rating and Team formation
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Midfield: brilliant
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: world class
Left Side Defence: magnificent
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: brilliant

6 points from top who won 8:0 against last place, #2 lost at home due to overconfidence, Hrevivo drew...all in all I don't think it's my destiny to win the league although a win against first place next weekend together with a loss by him to F.C Haifa can get me on top or at least equal on points...but this doesn't really matter, league is dead, and my team has a total 8 weeks injuries...

Yay.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I lost. I wasn't sure how the match would go, but when the match was over, I was a little disappointed with my teams performance. After thinking a little bit about it though, it might not have been such a bad thing. A promotion will mean a very difficult next season, and winning my group, and getting promotion playoffs, will bring extra training to my players, and might mean another successful season in 3rd next season. I am still leading with four points down to the second placed team in my group. In the next two matches I am meeting the teams on 7th and 8th place. If I can win those matches, I should still have very good chances of winning my league.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
NZS said:
My opponent will be playing 'Normal' tactics. What is the best way for me to counter that?? :nasty:
you can go with counter attack if his midfield is better than yours or with pressing if you know you've got no chance and want to salvage a point, good luck.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
tied 2-2 against the 3rd place holder. seems like I'm in a very tight spot seeing how I'm at last place with 6 points only and got 4 matches left to create a miracle. my team can hang with the best of 'em but I couldn't check on it for the last 5 matches and so my team used an outdated and lacking standard setup.

demotion is a huge possibility :stress: and avoiding it was my only goal and expectation when I started this season. this sucks :groan:

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
PICed against 5th place away and drew 0:0, my new magnificent midfielder prevent my midfield from being a complete joke in this match and I guess also saved me a point (not to mentioned my defence which was extra terrestrial-titanic-mythical

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Well, after much thought in what to do I played MOTS with Norrmal tactics. I played normal tactics as I didnt know what would be the best way to match him. When I read Wolf's post my match had already finished so it was too late :depress: Otherwise I would have played pressing. I managed my best ratings in this match and I knew me winning was a long shot, so a 2 - 0 loss isnt so bad. He also messaged me after and told me he had MOTS as well since I won him last time we met. He was far superior IMHO and deserves to be promoted. Heres the ratings:

Slovenska Bistrica

Midfield: excellent
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: passable

NK Triglav

Team Attitude: Match of the Season

Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: excellent
Left Side Attack: excellent

The season still has some excitement left for me, I am now second just on goal difference and I play 3rd place in 2 weeks. I would consider my season a waste if I dont finish 2nd now. I have lost twice and drawn once and I think I deserve to finish where I am. Even with my new look team of trainees I should be able to have a reasonably easy match against 3rd and claim some prize money ;) Wish me luck :)

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
oh wow, havent seen some of these posters in a long time, orange and wolf man, nice to see you again :D
well, I haven't seen you around for a long time before I went on my vacation so "it's nice to see you again" right back at ya :D

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
I won 5-3 at home to the fifth-placed side, despite being 2-0 down after 26 minutes. :eek: I really need to improve my midfield (which I can do, thanks to a nice crowd of 32,512).

Bastin

Team Attitude: Normal
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: excellent

Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: passable

Kalaan's Imperium

Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: weak

The two teams competing with me also won, meaning it's still a three horse race with four games left.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Lost my important match 4-3 meaning that it has become really tight now at the bottomside of the league. I'm still 5th, but only 3 points ahead of the last placed team. :depress: The upcoming three matches the boys really have to work their butts off to manage survival.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
threw my game succefully

went heavy middle, crap def and attack, and it worked like a charm

lost 1-2...had a near sellout of 59,000+ fans on my 60,000 ground.

very happy, still 3rd, but tied with 4th and 5th. better GD....imma get that qually

1 - 16 of 16 Posts