Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd game without a win, was 3-1 up but somehow managed to draw 3-3.

Beitar

Midfield: extra-terrestrial
Right Side Defence: brilliant
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: world class
Central Attack: magnificent
Left Side Attack: solid

Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: solid

Midfield: magnificent
Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: outstanding
Central Attack: world class
Left Side Attack: passable

Once agbain I get f*cked by the match engine, lovely.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
ra,

is that a E.T middle???? NICE MAN NICE! normal on poe?

and dude u got lucky at start...it will even out.

yoav,
its hard to train keepers at the top lvl

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
any thoughs on DT'ing keepers?

or maybe switching?

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i need to win this to keep up with getting no.1

however it will be hard, as for some reason my form in league just isnt good. games where i should win i draw. its sad...:eek:

i think some reason it will be a draw

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
I'm sick of my defense :mad: how can this:

Wolf Pack FC
Team Attitude: Normal
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Midfield: brilliant
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: supernatural
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: supernatural
Left Side Attack: brilliant

Hobbitville
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: excellent

Midfield: magnificent
Right Side Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: inadequate

end in a 3-3 :confused: how the hell could his attack score 3 past my defense? he had %52 percent possession in the first half and %51 in the second, does that merit the result? my stupid defense, though gets high ratings, been conceiving too much.

all three top teams, me included, have 13 points and I’d be royally pissed if I lost promotion cause of results like these.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
unbeatables
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: Play it Cool

Midfield: brilliant
Right Side Defence: supernatural
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: magnificent
Right Side Attack: excellent
Left Side Attack: excellent

FDA United
Team Attitude: (Hidden)

Midfield: formidable
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: formidable

oh yea

my reserves did well, not full squad and normal for my cup match!!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Lav said:
any thoughs on DT'ing keepers?

or maybe switching?
Don't mention switching training for me in a place where Raanan can see it or he'll go crazy ;)

Nah Lav, I honestly don't care if I end up dead last, HT for me is something fun on the side but nothing I take seriously and whatever happens happens, I'm sticking to what I'm doing.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
i suppose mr all star goalie is the MVP of isreal

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Won my match 2-1 and am therefore still #1 :D

Midfield: titanic
Right Side Defence: supernatural
Central Defence: magical
Left Side Defence: extra-terrestrial
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: world class
Left Side Attack: passable

Hatstats: 118
Stars: 56

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Lav said:
i suppose mr all star goalie is the MVP of isreal
Well, he's the only one pulling 8 stars on inad form and his value is the highest in Israel by far. He's also the only player who's about to turn magical (a matter of 1 or 2 weeks) and he has formidable experience. I think that not only he's the MVP of Israel but he is also a goalkeeper that every person here would like to have it and I assume that also club owners in high divisions in top league would like to have someone like him as well (though I don't really know how good are their keepers).
He's about the only thing in my team I can bragg about though...

Either way, the point is that this is for fun and whatever happens happens.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Croats in Miami
Team Attitude: Play it Cool

Midfield: formidable
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: inadequate

PIC with trainnes away, bench def, bench attack

won 0-2

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I lost 4-2, since my opponent had a better attack although I can't understand how he could three goals via his left side, since he's attack was outstanding there, while my rightside defense is brilliant. If it would have been on the other side I could have understand it, since my defense is only excellent there, but eventhough his rightside attack was also outstanding he didn't create anything there. :confused:

Besides this loss I also didn't have the chance to see my new signing in action. Before he even touched a ball he was already kicked out by their rightback. Two weeks out is the first diagnose, so perhaps he can make it next week, although that's still risky and might make him suffer another injury sooner.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I know how you feel chivu...last season I've lost crucial games because my brilliant/magnificent wing defense suffered 2 and 3 goals in single matches from a completely abandoned wing attack (solid/passable). This weekend the first goal I conceded was from his passable attack.

On this issue and others, here is a post posted in the HGM Federation (a New federation set by an Israeli trying to explore all hattrick mysteries). This is what Bjorn apparently posted on the Swedish conference last month, translated (Some people confirmed he did post this).

If anyone understands anything out of this please let me know :D

I found this on hattrix forum. Can anyone confirm this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lookup the real threads at Hattrick.org, I will provide my translation here

By: HT-Bjorn 949880.24 as reply to 949880.23
To: Everyone 8/3-2004 at 01.41

I would like to add something: It is okay to claim that the midfield plays too big (in principle also: too little) a role if you compare with attack and defence. Further you can have oppinions on the wing backs way to little influence for passings and the defence in regard to midfield and the goal keeper.

On the other hand then it is difficult to claim, which I at times get the impression is implicit understood in some critisim, that the defence should have less importance than the attack.
In principle they work in the same way. Attack ratings increase the chances for goals and in a similar way the defence ratings (incl. contributions from goalkeeper and midfield) decrease the chances of goals scored.

The difference between one teams attack rating and the other teams defence rating says nothing absolut about the chances of making a goal.
Defence ratings can only be compared with other defence ratings. Attack ratings only with other attack ratings.

So you can say: "When I played against A, they had worse defence ratings than when I played against B. (Mine were the same). Anyway I scored more goals against B. A bit odd".

You cannot say: " I had titanic defence but he had formidable attack. Titanic is higher than formidable, so it must be a bug in the game engine that he scored against me."

In addition to this the picture is complicated by the fact that there are 3 ratings for each (left, middle, right), but that is another discussion.

This is only a little attempt to explain why I at times object when a certain type of critisim of the game engine is put forward and why I at other times dont. (But the most important reason why I comment some threads and not others is that I can only read a few procent of all threads written

By: HT-Bjorn
To: kvagn 949880.43 as reply to 949880.39
8/3-2004 at 12.23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A follow up question is then:
Titanic attack against titanic defence will not result in 50% for scoring a goal?

Correct.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts