Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First round gets under way on Tuesday evening, home game against Grimsby. We have some depth in the squad so should be able to field a strong team capable of winning.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree, along with Hanson who I'm not sure if he's injured, these seem to be the main hopes from the youth set up, too many recently have been moved in without any sort of chance. Which I find disappointing.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many changes are we expecting?

·
Registered
521 Posts
6? Russell and Pearce to get a run out, probably Lowe as well. But I think Pearson might want a bit of consistency, and to get his first win.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah around the 5 or 6 changes seems to be the norm. I'd imagine Russell, Pearce, Butterfield, Martin, Lowe would get starts, probably Hughes as well as he only played half an hour on Saturday. Maybe Grant in goal.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pearson has stated in his pre match press conference (unsurprisingly) there will be changes, but it will be a strong team.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Away from all today's transfer excitement, there is a league cup game to play

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Team news

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be fair, apart from Pearce ahead of Shackell, there would have been less eyebrows raised if that team had been named on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1-0 Keogh

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Full time

Derby 1-0 Grimsby

Was a but if a slow start, but once we got going we completely dominated the game. Should have been more than 1 goal really.

Butterfield was very good when he came on, playing on the left side if midfield. I would start him there on Saturday, but has he done enough to impress Pearson?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Good to get the win. Should have been more comfortable and was a bit of a scare at the end when their keeper nearly scored.

Darren Bent needs a goal to get him going I think, missed one easy chance and a couple of harder ones.

I agree Butterfield was very good when he came on, more thn anyone he is pushing a claim for a starting place.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2nd round draw about to take place, a nice "easy" draw would be good, I fancy a cup run.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Home tie against Catlisle.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts