Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Away to Portsmouth. High profile draw for this stage of the tournament, good chance of being on the telly I reckon.

Sure we was in the Northern section last year?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yeah, played Carlisle last year. Our geographical position leaves us open to be in either section depending on who's in the draw, and who gets seeded. Burton are in the Northern section despite being further south than Derby, as they were unseeded.

Trip to Fratton Park could be interesting, bit of a track for the 1st round of the league cup though.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
:yess: early chance to watch the new team. Don't think well have even had a home game yet by this match.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
After the slightly anti climatic opening game, we move onto the league cup then. Can see a whole different starting 11, as clement is probably still trying to find his best starting 11 at this point..

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Erm let's see

Grant

Christie
Pearce
Forsyth
Sseswankambo

Hanson
Dawkins
Hendrick
Calero

Bent
Wiemann

Had to include Hendrick and Wiemann who came on as sub, but doable. Though I think it's more likely Forsyth left back and Keogh in the centre with Pearce. And maybe Russell instead of Calero.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Portsmouth won their opening game 3-0 against Dagenham & Redbridge. Ben Davies made his debut for Pompey.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yeah some good young players from lower leagues with potential, even Buxton had years to improve, which he has to be fair. But Davies was already 29 and had never been that good.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Can see 8 or 9 changes. I'm sure clement will want to get his first win, but should still be a strong team with that many changes.

Ben Davies was a terrible signing.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Can see Keogh and one of once and Russell keeping their place. The rest I expect to change.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I reckon

Grant

Christie - Keogh - Pearce - Forsyth

Hanson - Dawkins

Russell - Wiemann - Hendrick

Bent

All fit what you would call first team players who didn't start on Saturday to play, with Russell and Keogh staying in. Shotton could play, could keep ince not Russell.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Id like to see Sseawankambo given a chance at right back.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Match Preview

Paul Cook could change his Portsmouth side after they began their season with a win over Dagenham & Redbridge.
Young striker Conor Chaplin and forward Adam McGurk may start, with Kyle Bennett and Matt Tubbs dropping out.
Derby will be without midfielder Will Hughes, who injured a knee against Bolton on Saturday and has been ruled out for six months.
Goalkeeper Lee Grant, midfielder Jeff Hendrick and striker Darren Bent may start Wednesday's game.

MATCH FACTS

Pompey have lost only one of their past five meetings at home against Derby in all competitions (won two, drawn two).
Derby County have won three and lost none of their past four meetings with Portsmouth.
Portsmouth have scored just one goal in their past five League Cup matches.
Derby County have lost four of their past six League Cup first-round ties, with all four losses against lower-league opposition.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Team

Grant

Sseawankambo
Pearce
Shackell
Forsyth

Baird
Hendrick

Russell
Dawkins
Wiemann

Bent

Not far away from what I thought.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Slow start.

Like the look of Sseswankambo though.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
0-0 at half time. Woke up a bit towards the end of the half, just need to step the tempo up more, when we do that Portsmouth can deal with Russell and Wiemann.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts