Xtratime Community banner

League Cup Semi: Benfica VS Braga

990 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Pila 
#1 ·
Tonight we host Braga, at 19.45h GMT, for the semi of the League Cup.

Amazing that Braga i still fighting for both cups, and its only because they play really well, so i'm expecting a very tough game tonight

its key that we win and can make it to the final of this cup, where Maritimo is waiting for tonight's winner

these are the players called by Rui Vitória:

Goalies: Ederson , Paulo Lopes
Defenders: Nélson Semedo, Sílvio, Lindelöf, Luisão, Lisandro López, Eliseu , Grimaldo
Midfielders: Samaris, Fejsa, Renato Sanches, Salvio, Carcela, Pizzi, Gonçalo Guedes, Talisca , Taarabt
Forwards: Jonas, Raúl Jiménez , Mitroglou

lisandro is back, jardel is injured and recovering, hoping he's back for the league game in the weekend

gaitan is injured...he hasnt been playing well last few games since he got injured , so i really hope he can recover

grimaldo is likely to get some playing time...i did like the lil i saw of him this season, and taarabt....no comments

would be nice to see jimenez starting, its more than deserved after scoring key goals like he has in the last few games, with only a being a few mins at the pitch

and pizzi really needs badly to be benched imo, his level has dropped so much in the last couple games ( tired? stressed?) that he needs some rest time, not just physical maybe more emotional.....would love to see guedes given a chance again

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!! :wee: :wee: :wee:

See less See more
#4 ·
Ederson; Sílvio, Luisão, Lindelof, Grimaldo; Samaris, Renato Sanches, Salvio, Carcela; Talisca and Jiménez.

I approve of this lineup. Only question would be Renato, but he's young and should have the legs for it. He can be subbed out in the 2nd half if he looks poor.

#6 ·
Replaced at half time Pistolas. If his downturn in form is due to conditioning, he's going to look like shit the rest of the season. Thing is, I don't think that is the problem. I do think the first book on him is out there and he has to improve. His decision making has been poor and not helping.

Final 2-1 thanks to Pistolas and Jimenez. Off until Sunday.

#7 ·
It's wear. But, yeah. Teams are also starting to plan with him in mind and are taking away much of the space he was seeing before, no doubt.

#8 ·
The only regular who played 90 was Lindelof. I'm assuming we will see the normal XI in Madeira.

The final will also be vs Maritimo - a rematch of last year.

#9 ·
Lindelof only came on when Luizao got hurt. His minute tally is still within reasonable quota.

6 day rest will do wonders. I expect fevered pitch in Funchal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.