Xtratime Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our best chance of silverware now looks like the Scottish Cup with our rivals treble hopes dashed at the weekend pathing the way for us. The league title looks unlikely unless we can win the derby match at Ibrox and even then it will be tight. But there is one more derby match first here where both sides have a chance to pick up the first silverware of the season.

I think Celtic have the edge here to be honest but hope I am wrong. I think having only this one domestic cup to go for and it being one of two chances of stopping a Rangers treble will be motivation enough. In terms of players there is no difference for me. Both have a couple of good players and plenty of donkeys so motivation is the key and I sometimes wonder about the appetite of this current Rangers squad- they should all be given what ever Novo is eating.

The big question as always will be Walter's formation. Will he really go negative for a one off final? If not for me it will be a shock. And if he plays one up front that leaves no place for Boyd but even if he were to play a 4-2-4 there would be no place for Boyd. The mouth has ruled himself out with another sulk and no doubt still thinking he is better than he actually is.

Miller will start up front without a doubt. Depending on the formation Lafferty may join him- I am not a fan. I just hope Nacho is fit enough to make the bench. He is the one player we know can change a game for Rangers and if it is a stalemate we need him.

No point in a prediction as its impossible to predict. It will come down to who wants it more on the day and the decisions the referee makes. But the officials won't matter if we don't have the appetite and if we can't have the appetite for a Hampden final then we really do have problems.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts