Roderick15 CB
David Luiz23 LB
Javi García6 DM
Felipe Menezes16 RM
Aimar10 AM
César Peixoto25 LM
Jara11 FW
Kardec31 FW

2-1 at the half, Javi Garcia with a header and Jara with a left footed shot from a cross, Olhanense reduced just before the half with a goal.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
You know, I watch them this weekend and Jara to me, I'm not a fan. Maybe I'm not drinking the kool-aid hard enough but he to me, takes one too many steps, makes one too many passes, and takes one too many shots! I might be wrong but that was my perception anyways....

Good to see Sidnei and Roderick get some minutes! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
You know, I watch them this weekend and Jara to me, I'm not a fan. Maybe I'm not drinking the kool-aid hard enough but he to me, takes one too many steps, makes one too many passes, and takes one too many shots! I might be wrong but that was my perception anyways....

I feel he's obviously a technically skilled player, but the lack of consistent playing time and the fierce competition at the striker position for you guys has him playing with little confidence. It could explain the extra touches, indecisiveness to shoot, etc.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I rated him high but he looks like a different player in Europe, not impressed by him so far but he does need to play, I think Saviola moves horribly too but the guy scores some goals, hope that Jara can do the same eventually

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Given it was an advanced B-side we fielded, I'm happy with what we got.
Salvio resolve! Então, investem já!

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Again a good first half than the team got to sleep in the first 20 min of the
second half.

We need to buy Salvio.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
He will end in Porto than......:rollani:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Not for 15 million Euro
In comparison to what we usually pay for unproven players, I think 15 million Euro is okay, given we already know about his qualities.
Rather 15 on a proven player then another 10 on a risk. ;)
One to remember: If Salvio ends up in Porto this summer, it's Benficas fault, not his and surely neither Portos.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
He won't end up in Porto because Atlético plan to use him next season.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
He won't end up in Porto because Atlético plan to use him next season.
Hope you're right about that, I'm fine with him playing for either of our clubs (although I obviously would prefer Benfica, but you know about my sympathies for Atléti), I just can't stand the thought of him playing for Porto, because we did nothing against it. ;)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
We're not interested. Hulk, Varela, and James Bond Rodriguez are all superior players for the flank positions. Our manager confirmed there is no interest in trying to sign him.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
15 million € for Salvio is just ridiculous. The kid needs to show regularity before we even consider spending a fraction of it.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
We're not interested. Hulk, Varela, and James Bond Rodriguez are all superior players for the flank positions. Our manager confirmed there is no interest in trying to sign him.
Varela and James Rodrigues?No way!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Varela and James Rodrigues?No way!
Come on, you don't even believe that yourself, James and Varela??:howler:
You're laughing at these two players???

Silvestre Varela has been extremely impressive for two years straight, his stats speak for themselves. A fixed starter alongside Hulk and Falcao in attack. Quite clearly a better player than Salvio.

James Rodriguez is a wonderkid, extremely hyped and has loads of potential. He's 19 years old, we paid over 5m for a percentage of his transfer, and he is going to be an incredible player.

I'm not saying Salvio is no good, and I'd certainly like him over fat Cristian Rodriguez, young Ukra, or useless Mariano, but no, I don't want him since all of Hulk, Varela, and James are better and/or will be better. There's no point, and the manager has already stated we're not interested.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
I'm not saying Salvio is no good, and I'd certainly like him over fat Cristian Rodriguez, young Ukra, or useless Mariano, but no, I don't want him since all of Hulk, Varela, and James are better and/or will be better. There's no point, and the manager has already stated we're not interested.
I agree with on everything except the James drop! That's just screaming homer fanboy from the top of your lungs.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
I agree with on everything except the James drop! That's just screaming homer fanboy from the top of your lungs.
:thumbsup:

p.s,Again the press is making nothing of the robbery in Porto game,they focus only in Jesus case.

Not for being a blind fan like Joshua, Jesus should be punish.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts