Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who you guys would have as captain at the club.

Also just wondering what you think of Gallas as captain. I think hes a disaster as a captain, but then again I admitedly dont always watch arsenal games.

Gallas has scored important goals and is a good CB but his behaviour at times is quite shocking.

I would personally have fabrecas as captain as he leads by example. Isnt perfect role model but would be more inspirational to the younger players then Gallas. ( I would have rooney as united captain but I do have a softspot for those firey players!).

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Yea, he's been shit. Difficult to understand why Wenger chose him as captain last year, or not as Cesc was too young. I think Kolo could do as good a job if not better. Alot was said of his meltdown against Birmingham last season, and in my view that should of been enough of an incentive for Wenger to replace him as captain. He'll probably stay in this role until he leaves or retires. I hope that doesn't cost the Ars.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh, Personally I think a good or great captain will do whatever is best for their team and teammates.

Football overall is lacking in real quality leaders IMO.

I just think its a shame that Gallas is captain (not trying to make this into a gallas out campaign or anything) because 99% of the things that Wenger does for Arsenal is normally for the good of football in general.

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Fabregas has been shit all season long. I agree with Arsenal-Kuwait.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Clichy is pretty much the only player whose attitude cannot be questioned right now.

He was de facto captain today.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Either Kolo or Cesc, but come to think of it, yeah, I think Clichy would be great.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Cesc has been really depressed in matches this season, the pre-season and the Euros have made him really jaded I feel.

Toure or Clichy for captain.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I was hounded out of this forum for criticising Gallas as captain, its ridiculous. The guy is a ****ing baby who is too busy crying to pick up his team mates.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
It doesn't matter who the captain is. You could make Fabregas the captain but you're still left with a bunch of players who are lacking experience and leadership.

If Gallas was still at Chelsea and he was made captain, would it suddenly make the rest of the team crumble to pieces? Clearly not, since Chelsea are made of the right stuff.

With Arsenal it's far different. Who your captain is, is the least of your worries.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Fabregas has got enough on his plate atm without being given the responsibility of being captain as well.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Too late now, can't strip Gallas without it turing into a massive distraction.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
People need to get over the whole Gallas is the captain crap. Gallas being captain isn't the reason why the team the so horribly inconsistent right now. There are things that are far more important to address than who gets to wear an armband during the match.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
seriously.. i would have Silvestre as captain.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts