Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we recall them back from their clubs which they are on loan at? Maybe they are not the best strikers and I know Diouf never really showed interest and played up to his potential for us, but we are in a state that perhaps we should recall the lads

ps. Does Diouf have a problem with his jaw or tongue or something? He spits a lot :D

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Le Tallec was quoted as saying he would come back if called upon, I think. I would bring him back for extra cover tbh.

Diouf, apart from the spitting, has looked quite good at Bolton IMO wouldn't bring him back though.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
Le Tallec was quoted as saying he would come back if called upon, I think. I would bring him back for extra cover tbh.

Diouf, apart from the spitting, has looked quite good at Bolton IMO wouldn't bring him back though.
Don't forget diving :rollani:

·
Registered
170 Posts
diouf will never see a red shirt again, i'll bet on that. there is no room for spitting machines pretending to be footballers at anfield.

as far as le tallec, he made a choice at the start of the season. he was given an opportunity to stay and fight for a place in the first team on merit, but he chose the easier option. i have always said, and as we have been shown today, heart and fight are as important as skill - players like mellor and fsp start ahead of le tallec even if he returns, which he will not.

i obviously don't make the decisions, but this is how i would see it if i were.

-p

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
rafa won't call le tallec back, he offers nothing much over FSP or Mellor. Secondly, he copped out at the beginning of the season, and rafa likes players who show heart and fight on.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
rafa won't call le tallec back, he offers nothing much over FSP or Mellor. Secondly, he copped out at the beginning of the season, and rafa likes players who show heart and fight on.
well, him and fsp were bought as a couple <grin>, so there may be some wisdom to pairing them up up front. with that said, i agree that rafa won't call him back for precisely the reason you stated.

-p

·
Registered
78 Posts
Le tallec is a great young talent. He is different from all our other strikers and that doesn't mean he doesn't offer much. He might not be a better goalscorer than Mellor or have the pace of FSP but the boy have really good vision. He can be our Bergkamp in the future. Will welcome him back now as we really have a striker injury crisis. I really like that kid. Give him a chance. He was not that bad last season.
As for diouf i think he had enough chances already in liverpool. He never really shined. To be fair he was played in the wrong position though. But agree with rusko that there is no room for a spitting machine..

D

·
0 Posts
Daft to compare LeTallec and Mellor/FSP. LeTallec is a midfielder who could solve the right wing problem. If we're going to keep the 4-2-3-1(i hope we do), then LeTallec on the right and Luis Garcia on the left, are the best we've got unless we sign some1.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Daft to compare LeTallec and Mellor/FSP. LeTallec is a midfielder who could solve the right wing problem. If we're going to keep the 4-2-3-1(i hope we do), then LeTallec on the right and Luis Garcia on the left, are the best we've got unless we sign some1.
Yeah he is more of a midfielder though but he did play for us up front quite a lot. But i think his best position will be that second striker role. I don't mind wherever he plays, only hope he gets his chance. He is a real future talent for me together with FSP.
And that FSP turn that left Vieira and Lauren for dead was great :thmbup:

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
From BBC:

Liverpool rule out Diouf recall

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will not recall El-Hadji Diouf from his loan spell at Bolton.

Liverpool are short of strikers with Djibril Cisse and Milan Baros injured and reports suggested Diouf could return in January.

But asked if there was any chance of Diouf returning to Anfield, Benitez replied: "At this moment, no."

The Senegal striker has been charged by the Football Association after spitting at Portsmouth's Arjan de Zeeuw.

Diouf is due to stay at Bolton until the end of the season when he would return to Liverpool.

However, Benitez would not confirm that the 23-year-old would be welcomed back at Anfield.

The Reds boss said: "That's a long time.

"He's playing for Bolton now - he's not my player at this moment.

"We have very good strikers and I am only thinking about my strikers."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts