Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you Juve dudes think of Le grottaglie's future at Juve.I've always liked the guy do you think Juve will hang on to him or release him?

·
Registered
448 Posts
well I think he needs more time to get familiar with the team ... maybe his mistakes came from a big pressure on him ...

Juve cannot change all defeders ...;)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
he has proven that he can be a very good defender. i think he has joined juve at a bad time in terms of defence. hopefully if we buy players like ferrari or mexes, he may be able to play at his best again. it cant be easy having montero or iuliano as partner when they are practically second rate these days.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Juve learnt from their mistake when they did not give Henry a chance to prove himself....

I think they will not take this decision quickly, at least he needs 1 more season...

We have seen Salas performance that was bad during 2 seasons but that was enough time for him to show his performance.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
CUG said:
he has proven that he can be a very good defender. i think he has joined juve at a bad time in terms of defence. hopefully if we buy players like ferrari or mexes, he may be able to play at his best again. it cant be easy having montero or iuliano as partner when they are practically second rate these days.
they where not second rate before he came... they can't have become so bad that they make the impregnable Legrott into a bad player. I would claim it is closer to the other way around and the fact that Ferrara was the player that made the others look good. Now he is all to often on the bench.

Anyway I should not complain, I am happy that he plays for you. He is making a important contribution in Milans coming scudetto. ;)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I hope he'll go as far as possible from Turin!

But I doubt it will happen. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
JKris said:
they where not second rate before he came... they can't have become so bad that they make the impregnable Legrott into a bad player. I would claim it is closer to the other way around and the fact that Ferrara was the player that made the others look good. Now he is all to often on the bench.

Anyway I should not complain, I am happy that he plays for you. He is making a important contribution in Milans coming scudetto. ;)
have you seen the comical errors made by montero and iuliano. there positioning at times has been ridiculous! when this happens, you have players like legro and even thuram trying to make up for their mistakes which makes them look bad. we all know that Legrottaglie hasnt been as great as we thought he would be, but at the same time, we have to admit what he has to work with.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
However disappointing Legro has been, others have been worse. Considering that those others are more expensive than he is salary wise + that Legro like most others needs time to acclimatize to playing with a giant + that he has the age for us to give him some time... we're going to keep Legro of course.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
i am not saying he should be the one leaving, but he was not the right choice for a club like Juventus. And really I can recolect some matches where he was the one out of position and made misses that the others had to try to recuperate from. One of his biggest problems is that he still tries to put opponents offside (like in Chievo) when the others in defense is not following his cue.

Had I been the Juve manager I would have played Ferrara always, he is the leader and organiser in defense you need. Just like Inter made the mistake to take Canna when they needed a organiser like Nesta...

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Yeah, it always surprises me when people don't even consider what kind of central defender a player is. It's like saying, "So-and-so is a great midfielder, let's buy him," without even considering whether he's a playmaker or a DM or a winger or whatever. (Come to think of it, Inter have been known to do that. :D)

I've never been that impressed with Legrottaglie. He's competent, he's tall, he's reasonably calm, but that's it. He's not an organizer and he's not a man-maker, but he would probably look quite good playing beside someone who can run the backline. Your only organizer is Ferrara and he's getting on in years, although I know a Milan fan shouldn't be talking too much about "old" defenders. ;)

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I really worry he'll be to Euro 2004 for Italy, what Materazzi was to WC 2002. Unless his form picks up from now til the end of the season, his first season will be viewed as a bit of a failure.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Mikey, whether we like it or not, Legro will be in the euro squad. Definately wont be starting, but as back up, he should be okay. As Ruffian mentioned, having an organiser partnering him may get the best out of him.

and in the end, who do we really have for defenders? you have nesta, cannavaro (always in form come major tournaments) and Ferrari. Those three are very good in my opinion. But we do need cover for Nesta and i can only think of Legro, Matrix and maybe Adani. Iuliano is past it these days. And lets face it, Matrix, Legro and Adani are miles behind nesta, cann and ferrari.

Unless Traps wants to bring in a player like Ferrara, to have that experience on bench as we saw bergomi do in the 98 WC, but thats highly unlikely to happen.

i still believe that legro can be good if he had a world class partner.

lets just hope that we dont get injuries to our starters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts