Discussion Starter #1
Northern Section Semi-Final Results:
Sheff Wed 4-0 Scunthorpe
Blackpool 3-2 Halifax

Southern Section Semi-Final Results:
Northampton 2-3 Colchester
Southend 4-0 QPR

Colchester V Southend - Southern Section Final

Essex rivals Colchester and Southend are preparing for their first competitive meeting since 1989.
The U's and Blues will go head-to-head over two legs in the Southern Area Final of the LDV Vans Trophy.

The ties were confirmed after Colchester beat Northampton 3-2 after extra-time and Southend hammered QPR 4-0 on Tuesday.

"They'll be two fantastic matches," said Colchester boss Phil Parkinson.

"We've played four away ties so we've done it the hard way. We're just two games away from Cardiff and that'd be great."

Southend caretaker-manager Steve Tilson believes the games will provide both clubs with an economic boost.

"It's a local derby which is great. There'll be big crowds so financially it's good for both clubs," said Tilson.

The first leg will be at Layer Road on 10 February with the second leg 14 days later.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Whizz said:
Northern Section Semi-Final Results:
Sheff Wed 4-0 Scunthorpe
Blackpool 3-2 Halifax

Southern Section Semi-Final Results:
Northampton 2-3 Colchester
Southend 4-0 QPR

Colchester V Southend - Southern Section Final

Essex rivals Colchester and Southend are preparing for their first competitive meeting since 1989.
The U's and Blues will go head-to-head over two legs in the Southern Area Final of the LDV Vans Trophy.

The ties were confirmed after Colchester beat Northampton 3-2 after extra-time and Southend hammered QPR 4-0 on Tuesday.

"They'll be two fantastic matches," said Colchester boss Phil Parkinson.

"We've played four away ties so we've done it the hard way. We're just two games away from Cardiff and that'd be great."

You reckon colu can go all the way?

If they beat Southend as I think they should, then the final against either Sheffield Wednesday or Blackpool could be a decent game.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
StuPid said:
You reckon colu can go all the way?

If they beat Southend as I think they should, then the final against either Sheffield Wednesday or Blackpool could be a decent game.
Well I have to say I think they can go all the way! :D Southend should be a walk over :dazed: and then the final, I would rather play Wednesday because we beat them 3-1 this season and have never beaten Blackpool since I can remember! :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts