Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Xavi

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Sergio

Votes: 0 0.0%

LDT: Defensive Midfielder

829 views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  RaulMadrid 
#1 ·
Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation:)

#2 ·
Claude Makelele! :star:

Basically that he's an amazing player, great control, speed, vision and aggression on the ball. He can play in various positions, used in different team set-ups. And to add even more comments on this amazing player he's creative in midfield, he wins the ball often and picks out some excellent pases. Wasn't he french player of the year or something? just wondering but i'm not sure.

Cheers,
Patrick

#6 ·
Juanele said:
It has to be Baraja or Albelda. And due to my preference for more offensive oriented players I'd choose Baraja out of the two.
Baraja was amazing Juanele, but he played 16 games. Makelele was our best player this year over the whole season!

But you would never pick a Madrid player i guess :tongue:

Btw, whats the latest on Reyes, any idea?

#9 · (Edited)
Vampire Lestat said:

Baraja was amazing Juanele, but he played 16 games. Makelele was our best player this year over the whole season!

But you would never pick a Madrid player i guess :tongue:

Btw, whats the latest on Reyes, any idea?
It has nothing to do with any anti-Madrid feelings I have. Makelele was great to be sure. But Valencia won the league with the best defensive record. One of the biggest reasons was their defensive mid play. Since Baraja only played around half the games then I'd choose Albelda. Certainly Makelele would be my second choice.

The latest on Reyes is that Sevilla turned down a 15 million euro offer for him. With the lack of any transfer activity from Sevilla they will need to keep all of their players for the next season. Especially the likes of Reyes, Gallardo, and Victor Salas.

#11 ·
Juanele said:

It has nothing to do with any anti-Madrid feelings I have. Makelele was great to be sure. But Valencia won the league with the best defensive record. One of the biggest reasons was their defensive mid play. Since Baraja only played around half the games then I'd choose Albelda. Certainly Makelele would be my second choice.

I know man :) was just teasing you. You know i have alot of respect for your comments despite you being an anti-Madridsta :)

#13 ·
I just dont like Albelda and Baraja was injured for half the season, so neither of them gets my vote eventhough they eventually gave Valencia the title (as Juanele said).

I dont know about Xavi, seems he couldnt take 100% responsibility and control the Barca midfield thoroughly.....yet. HE made some very good matches that should set example of how good he needs to be all the time if he is to become the next Pep. My conclusion is that he didnt deserver as many votes as he got really, stop being biased Barca boys :fero: ;)

Makelele got my vote :star: (dont even think about the b word ;) ). He stepped up bigtime in a team with only 3 out of 10 defensive players. Everyone mentions his hardwork, but do you think its as easy as saying Hicham el Guerouj could be the best DMC in the world? Hell no! claude did more then just work his ass off, i dont know how he pulled it off but he did and was foru sure the best DMC in La Liga 2001/2002!

#14 ·
Patrick said:
Claude Makelele! :star:

Basically that he's an amazing player, great control, speed, vision and aggression on the ball. He can play in various positions, used in different team set-ups. And to add even more comments on this amazing player he's creative in midfield, he wins the ball often and picks out some excellent pases. Wasn't he french player of the year or something? just wondering but i'm not sure.

Cheers,
Patrick
The french player of the year was VIEIRA (another DM). Makelele is best DM in liga but Vieira is the best DM in the world. :rolleyes:

#16 ·
Vampire Lestat said:

Not after how he played in the WC!
:eek: he was exhausted... and all the team sucked...
Be sure to count on him with Arsenal this season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.