Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to make this post after the Twente game last Sunday, but I forgot and then I was very busy. :(

About Lazovic: What do you think about his attitude? I thought it was very annoying to see him not cheer after Buffel scored that third goal against Twente. Also in the cup tie against Twente he was not really motivated after he missed his first chance I read, which was reason to infuriate Lodewijks.

I mean, it is clear he has ability as a player, but what do you all think about his personality?

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Lothar Mattheus said that Lazovic was slightly hard to handle and we could see it now. He seems to be very emotional but the first time I noticed it was in the Utreacht game. He didn't really celebrate his goals with the players and he also immediately headed for the tunnel when the final whistle was blown while all other players were applauding the public!

Then these things you mentioned yourself Prince. Could be that he doesn't get on with some players but then I'm speculating. But this behaviour certainly doesn;t look good. He's now 3rd on my worry list after Van Persie and Ghali when it comes to behaviour.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Wally said:
Lothar Mattheus said that Lazovic was slightly hard to handle and we could see it now.
Does he know that from his father in law then? :confused: Oops, wait, you're talking about the real Lothar! :eek: ;) :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wally, what is it with Ghali then? I only know that he never plays ( :D ) but how does he behave?

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
When he is in Rotterdam, he apparantly thinks that he's better than all the other players and that he doesn't have to train hard. That is what Bert v Marwijk said :eek:

Also Ghali needs to make some choices since if he keeps going to Egypt every 4 weeks, then he'll never get a run in the first team here. I don't mind him going to play in the cup of nations or world cup qualifiers but he seems to be going to every single friendly game and olympic qualifiers and whatsnot. If he wants to suceed in Europe then he'll need to make choices.

Pardo did that by saying no to Chiles u21 team when he got called up for a friendly game and it has cost him a place in the full Chile squad (Acuna got called up for it btw :howler: ). But Pardo is reaping the benefits of staying in Rotterdam, training hard etc. as we can see now with his good run of form.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Wally said:
He seems to be very emotional
I doubt this very much. Meer t tegenovergestelde ;)

He was brought to Feyenoord thinking he'd become an instant starter which is quite normal considering the fact Feyenoord don't spend this much money on just any "future talent". And basically he's being screwed by Bert who sometimes seems thick in the head while on a extremely lucky winning streak, although that's over now, and sticks to one line-up no changes whatsoever even if Lazo saved his ass against Utrecht.

Every player wants to play and if you only get 15 minutes a match as a striker you're eager to score that goal cause you think that might get you the first team spot. Obviously not with v Marwijk but that's not the point.

If Buffel had missed that shot he'd have been criticised for not passing the ball to Lazo who was in a far better position.

I'm not saying Lazo is handling the situation the best possible way, but he's a talented player who wants to play regular football and Feyenoord wasn't his only offer at the time, so as I said, he feels screwed over. ;)

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
I see your point ;) but who can we drop right now? I was for dropping Kuijt before but that is hard to do now since he keeps on getting assists and goals. He also is combining well with Buffel. Maybe a change of system but that didn't really work in the beginning of the season.

Still Bert definitely should give him more playing time than the odd 10 or 15 minutes he gets. Getting so little time makes him overeager to impress and also fails to get him to adapt to the team.

Bert indeed does have a strange way of thinking. Almost every week he does something strange. When v Haaren got injured, he brought on Swerts and played Song on the left :confused: while he had Jean on the bench!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Danko Lazovic is an amazing talent and I am confident he made the right choice by moving to Holland. I remember last season while he was still a Partizan player what he single handedly did to Sporting Lisbon in the Uefa Cup.

He might need some more time to adapt but I am sure he will explode on the scene the same way Mateja Kezman did and become yet another successful Partizan export to the Dutch league.

(Ivica Kralj is not one of them) :D

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
He hasn't really been given time to adapt. After starting in the first few games of the season, he now only manages to get 10 minutes or so every week :( Kezman at least was given more playing time when he started his career at PSV. Our coach unfortunately sticks to players forever and never changes things since he probably thinks that chopping and changing will effect them.

Hopefully Lazo will indeed shine very soon :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts