Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right mates, I know we are deep in other thoughts at the moment, and most of them are unpleasant ones, such as Nesta leaving and Cragnotti remaining, but still football top competition has got under way and a few Laziali are involved in that.

So, what about discussing about the World Cup in general and our players'performances in Korea/Japan? Also, which national team will you support?

FORZA LAZIO
FORZA AZZURRI

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Than God WC Started:D

I support any underdog;) I would like to see more teams doing the same Croatia did last WC. I believe that the worl of football will change soon and that there will be no more walk-overs, at least not in the sense we are used on. USA, with almost 300 million PPL and the investment going to Football will eventually become force to be reckoned with. The same applies to Japan & even China. From the nations of so many PPL, the investment & promotion of the sport is all that is needed. Talent will come. :)

And Africa is already getting there. First WC game is a proof;):D

·
International
6,519 Posts
Well, I always enjoyed seeing "small" teams win over favourites, and after yesterdays game I was thrilled. Senegal, with only 1 true player who is world known won over France, making them harder to get from the group, as Denmark won over Urugvay.

I can't wait for the teams as Argentina, Brazil, Italy and Spain to play their games, but unfortunately during the time the game will be played I will sit in behind the desk at the school. Darn.

Well, I support Italy and Cameroun.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just heard that Crespo will not play in the starting 11 of Argentina against Nigeria. I guess he is paying the price for his (and almost all Lazio players') negative season. But it seems that Claudio Lòpez will play, or is it Gustavo Lòpez?

Matjaz, no Slovenia for you??? :)

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Bati's season has been worse then Crespo's. I dont believe that Lazio's poor season is the reason for benching Crespo. Guess that Bati still has an advantage:rolleyes: . He announced his retirement after the WC.

And If I'm not mistaken, Matjaz supports Yugoslavia;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well I obviously support the US, and I'm also pulling for Cameroon as a dark horse contender to get to the semis. But I'm rooting for Italy to win it all, although it seems that if the US manages somehow to get to the second round Italy-US looks likely. That'll be a tough match for me to watch.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
aquila, your signature is fantastic but I must admit one thing. For the World Cup I do not support one Lazio player. I support Denmark trough thick and thin !! But if Denmark is eliminated I will be suppoting Italy and Argentina because of Crespo, Lopez, SIMEONE, Sorin, (Couto) and Nesta!!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Argies first game just finished with victory. :)

Bati scored the only goal of the game. Crespo came in 15 minutes before the end.

In my opinion, this is wrong, but victory is a victory.

Veron had a splendid game, although he did not seem to be at 100%. This was the first time i watched Sorin play for 90 minutes and offensivly he did a great job. Defensivly he had few nice moves, but Argies defence did not have much to do so it is hard to tell.

It was a nice game:)

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
First time I ever saw Sorin play and if he can do the same stuff at Lazio as he did in this game we have a great player in our squad. He was all over the field and it was incredible that he could still run in the end of the game. Nice crossings aswell and great tackles.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could be wrong here, but I think Sorìn played as left winger just ahead of Placente, so if mancini will go for the 4-4-2, I guess he should use Sorìn that same role. The guy is clearly fitter for the offensive play than the defensive one.

Nesta was excellent today in Italy's 2-0 win over Ecuador!

FORZA LAZIO
FORZA AZZURRI

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Nesta was indeed great today he just didn't set a foot wrong in what I saw of the game today. I'll catch the rest of it when the full game is shown later tonight.

Cragnotti said that his value is doubled after such a great performance. Don't know what to think of this statement.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
aquila said:
I could be wrong here, but I think Sorìn played as left winger just ahead of Placente, so if mancini will go for the 4-4-2, I guess he should use Sorìn that same role. The guy is clearly fitter for the offensive play than the defensive one.

This is how Argentina played..

---------------Cavallero

---Pochettino--Samuel---Placente--

-Zanetti-------Simeone-------Sorin--

------------------Veron------------------

-Ortega--------------------------Lopez-
------------------Batistuta---------------

Using Sorin as a fullback in a 4-4-2 formation won't really be the best of options to use his talent, although he'd still do well but he's known for his offensive approach, though he's defending isn't bad either.

Nesta's performace was indeed top class :star:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts